Screen bleed?

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that one part of my screen is slightly lighter than rest. Near upper right corner. Just where wireless signal is. So I see it almost never, but noticed it when I went on 'two finger' notification. Is this something to be scared of? Cause I do not really care if it will not spread. Anyone with something similar?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Just to be clear. I had screen bleed before. On nexus 7, and this one on nexus 4 is small one, not that noticeable, except on black backgrounds. And on 50%+ brightness.

Sent from my Nexus 7

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that one part of my screen is slightly lighter than rest. Near upper right corner. Just where wireless signal is. So I see it almost never, but noticed it when I went on 'two finger' notification. Is this something to be scared of? Cause I do not really care if it will not spread. Anyone with something similar?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Take a screenshot and see if it shows up there. If it does, it obviously isn't screen bleed and is probably some gradient software effect. If it doesn't show up, you may want to RMA the phone. I remember another user with a different "screen bleed" problem and it turned out to be an intentional effect in the settings app.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
If it does turn out to be a defect, it's unlikely that the effect will spread unless it's the result of post-manufacturing damage. Typically these issues are caused during the manufacturing process of the display or the surrounding components.