Transfer All to New Google Nexus 4

djanulewicz

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,

I recently cracked the glass on my Google Nexus 4 and have a brand new device same model (Google Nexus 4) and I was wondering how I could transfer all the information form the cracked device to the new device? I have two USB connection wires and could plug in to a workstation and mirror the old, cracked device to the new device but I am unsure how or even if this is possible.

Could someone please help me in this matter and I thank you in advance for your help?

Kind Regards,

Danny :)

torana355

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
If you are rooted you could make a Nandroid backup then restore it to the new phone. If not just copy all the files off the SD card onto your pc then copy what you want onto the new phone. Your apps will auto download and your contacts ect should be synced with Googles servers.

djanulewicz

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
thanks torana355,

I was wondering if I could use a USB storage device instead of an SD card or can I just copy all the files to the PC hard drive and transfer to new Nexus and let Windows manage the transfer or have both devices connected simultaneously and do a sync or transfer through the PC.

Thanks,

Danny

S-Doo-1965

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
No need for an SD card. When you connect your phones to the PC copy the SD card contents to the PC. Or if you have both phones connected to the same location. How that helps.

djanulewicz

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
No need for an SD card. When you connect your phones to the PC copy the SD card contents to the PC. Or if you have both phones connected to the same location. How that helps.
Thanks S-D00,

So if I understand properly, I just copy and paste in Windows from one Nexus to the other? Is there a specific directory I could copy and paste that would have all the apps contained within it?

Thanks,

Danny