Anyone have experience with warranty?

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to exchange my nexus 4 with a new one.. This phone is overheating, freezing, and now it seems like it won't charge on chargers that worked prior..

I bought this from a friend who we swapped the warranty over already. I know I have to give them money for the swap (which sucks) and they'll refund it when I send this one in...

My question is. How did your experience go?

I do have some damage to the back screen. But its all under the glass.. It looks like it cracked but my belief is its from the heat..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
My experience is from an N4 bought from the play store. It couldn't have been easier. First, you don't give them money. They place a hold on your card, same as a hotel does when you book it. They will only charge your card if they don't receive the returned phone within 21 days. Go to the N4 support page and find the phone number. The rep will walk you through the process and send an email with a link to order the replacement. There will also be an attachment with the prepaid return label to use. The rep I had was friendly and professional. I told them why I wanted an exchange and we got right to the process. No questioning of my reasons. That is the norm experience for most but I have read of others that had problems. Hope yours goes well.

ARossetter

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
I second swebb's experience. Just did an RMA on the inductive charger. Very pleasant experience. From what I hear, a complete 180 from the Nexus One days. :D

- Andy