4.2.2 Update Failure

RxRex

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Interesting issue:

I own a Nexus 4 that is running stock 4.2.1, rooted, Franco Kernel r72. When 4.2.2 was made available I downloaded it, attempted to flash, flash failed. I assumed the package I downloaded was corrupted and tried again, failure. I left it be.

One week later, I received the system update from Google. I touched the notification to install. Failure. I rebooted the phone and could not locate the download file.

Two weeks later, I received the system update from Google again. I have yet to touch it. The notification is still sitting in my notification tray at this very moment. How can I circumvent this issue?

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Interesting issue:

I own a Nexus 4 that is running stock 4.2.1, rooted, Franco Kernel r72. When 4.2.2 was made available I downloaded it, attempted to flash, flash failed. I assumed the package I downloaded was corrupted and tried again, failure. I left it be.

One week later, I received the system update from Google. I touched the notification to install. Failure. I rebooted the phone and could not locate the download file.

Two weeks later, I received the system update from Google again. I have yet to touch it. The notification is still sitting in my notification tray at this very moment. How can I circumvent this issue?

OTA updates won't install if you're using a custom recovery. Have you tried flashing the Google Factory Image?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

RxRex

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
OTA updates won't install if you're using a custom recovery. Have you tried flashing the Google Factory Image?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

No I haven't. I wasn't aware of that either. I assume flashing the factory image isn't a daunting task (even though it easily could be)?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
OTA's are almost always a, "dangerous at best" idea when you have a custom recovery, kernel or ROM. mwilkin's is probably exactly right on how to get this rolling for you. Good luck!

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
You can actually install the update with a custom recovery, its just that everything else has to be stock.

RxRex

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I think I'll simply restore the factory image. The stock kernel I found on XDA apparently requires steps I have no idea how to complete if coming from Franco kernel. I guess I'll just have to start from a fresh slate. Thanks again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000