Next Android Update after 4.2.2?

TheAndroidCorner

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the Google nexus 4 so i will get the update when it comes out. Im on 4.2.2 now. But when do you think it will come out? Will it be 4.2.3 Or 4.3 Or maybe even 5.0 ! If so than what do you think the next update will have? :)

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
They could have some incrementals, though I've got no known bugs on my N4 (the way I use my phone), so I'm in no hurry. As far as KeyLime goes, they may talk about it in May (at Google IO), but if it's anything like how JellyBean was handled, it wont be out until the next Nexus phone is released in Nov/Dec. Try not to get too worked up if you disagree with me, it's only my uninformed opinion, which is the only thing any of us can offer.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
They could have some incrementals, though I've got no known bugs on my N4 (the way I use my phone), so I'm in no hurry. As far as KeyLime goes, they may talk about it in May (at Google IO), but if it's anything like how JellyBean was handled, it wont be out until the next Nexus phone is released in Nov/Dec. Try not to get too worked up if you disagree with me, it's only my uninformed opinion, which is the only thing any of us can offer.

Um? what? Jelly Bean came out in June/July, not in November.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Then I got that one wrong. I thought the N4 was the first phone to have it.

Nexus 7 had it first. But the Galaxy Nexus had working ROM for it less than 24hrs later. I'll never forgot how impressed I was to have a working JB rom before most people even heard of JB or the Nexus 7.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Anyhow, unless Google comes up with something major it will be 4.3. Google leaves the number increase for the major stuff. Like going from gingerbread to ice cream sandwich (2.3-4.0) was a major UI change. But ICS to JB (4.0-4.1-4.2) was a few tweaks here and adding features. Probably the biggest change was project butter, followed by Google Now (Thats is more of an app though) but wasn't big enough to warrant a whole number jump.

josegb2011

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Jellybean was seperated in 2 versions the first 4.1 was released around June/July and second 4.2 was released with the nexus 4 .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20