Storing & playing music on N4

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Instead of storing music on my N4 can I use dropbox or Google Drive to store the mp3 music? Would I be able to access the files to play them on my N4?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
OK now it says syncing music. Does this go against my data when it syncs nor plays music from my PC? Does it take a while to sync because I see the music there, however, all of the albums are greyed out.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
OK now it says syncing music. Does this go against my data when it syncs nor plays music from my PC? Does it take a while to sync because I see the music there, however, all of the albums are greyed out.

If you're not connected to Wi-Fi or mobile data, the songs and albums that you haven't stored offline will be shown in gray. Also, you do need a data collection to sync and to play music, as with Dropbox and Drive.

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
If you're not connected to Wi-Fi or mobile data, the songs and albums that you haven't stored offline will be shown in gray. Also, you do need a data collection to sync and to play music, as with Dropbox and Drive.

I'm on mobile data and its still grey. So wait when I play music it burns data?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
What's my best bet? To store offline ?

you use music manager on PC to upload your music to google music, which you did with 10 songs.

now, anytime you play the music it will use data or wifi when using wifi.
there are two option to save the music offline which you uploaded to google music.

1. pinning- Its in the google music menu-->Choose on device music, select the albums you want to download and google music will download the song to your device.
next time you play the song it wont use data. make sure to download the song via wifi

2. Caching - its also an option in google music settings, Once you play a song it will save/cache it on your device so next time you play the same song it wont use data.

hope it helps

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
you use music manager on PC to upload your music to google music, which you did with 10 songs.

now, anytime you play the music it will use data or wifi when using wifi.
there are two option to save the music offline which you uploaded to google music.

1. pinning- Its in the google music menu-->Choose on device music, select the albums you want to download and google music will download the song to your device.
next time you play the song it wont use data. make sure to download the song via wifi

2. Caching - its also an option in google music settings, Once you play a song it will save/cache it on your device so next time you play the same song it wont use data.

hope it helps

Isn't caching better so it doesn't use space?

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
The problem here is most users won't use something that goes against their data or that required alot of caching...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech