Considering buying a Nexus 4 but...

frankly1100

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm a little wary considering Google I/O is right around the corner. I was thinking of going back to BlackBerry with the Z10 but I'm leaving toward Android and want a "Vanilla" Android experience so I've opted for the Nexus 4. But I'm a bit concerned if a new Nexus phone is announced and I'm unsatisfied with my Nexus 4 purchase. I doubt there will be a new device but it's possible considering that a while ago there were rumors of LG already working on a Nexus 4 successor. What do you guys think? Please only helpful and respectful answers. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
This IO in May Google WONT release a Nexus Phone They will release a newer version of Nexus7(2) just like last year google IO when they released Nexus7

Nexus phone release always happen on Nov/Dec(sometime Oct) of every year

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't guarantee that there will be no new phone at Google I/O in May. However I think it is very unlikely.

Either way, the Nexus 4 is a fantastic device, and sure the next nexus device will likely be a better device on paper, that does not take away from the fact that the N4 is a really good device.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
The N4 is the only phone I would buy today if mine died. They will not have another Nexus phone out until Nov/Dec. Waiting until then, or buying now, is a choice you'll have to make.

Even with the new Z10, BB is still way behind the 8 ball in technology, like they have been for the past 4 or 5 years. If it were not for big corporate deals, they would be out of business today.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
There won't be a new Nexus phone announced at Google I/O. Buy the Nexus with confidence. Remember that the best phone is the one that does what you need it to do, not necessarily the one with the most wizbang-golly-gee tech. If the Nexus 4 would suit your needs, then buy one.

Tronstar

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, they won't be announcing a new nexus phone at I/O. They just finally got their supply chain issues figured out for N4 and now would have a lot of stock on hand of that to off load before considering their next device.

You will love it! Buy it! buy it now!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't help, my concern was getting a Nexus 4 and then SURPRISE! new Nexus but it's been made clear that Google's Nexus phone releases are Nov/Dec.

Yep you are good! Waiting on some KLP goodness with the rest of us! Hopefully that IS announced at IO

Although I will be pissed if they announce a 32 GB Nexus 4....lol!

frankly1100

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Yep you are good! Waiting on some KLP goodness with the rest of us! Hopefully that IS announced at IO

Although I will be pissed if they announce a 32 GB Nexus 4....lol!
+1. Though my wishes would come true if a white version is made available. Here's to hoping. What would really tickle my fancy is if they added a rear camera to the Nexus 7, that would seal the deal for me. I'd kindly give up both my iPads and go Nexus across all my devices 4, 7, and 10.

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Heed my advice and stay far away from the Z10, Main issue is there are 0 apps that are available and most of the pre installed "apps" just take you to the web browser. I dont see the z10 being a saving grace for blackberry.

Get the nexus 4 you wont regret it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

dsneedmd

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Worry not. I was just on the XDA forum & there was over 1000 pages of messages from members about the N4 in India alone. You will be able to sell your N4 on eBay for a long time. Also I just looked at a Transformer Prime tablet with 4.2.2 as OS & couldn't believe how different it was from my N4 & N7, maybe not worse but different at least (worse to me).

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Worry not. I was just on the XDA forum & there was over 1000 pages of messages from members about the N4 in India alone. You will be able to sell your N4 on eBay for a long time. Also I just looked at a Transformer Prime tablet with 4.2.2 as OS & couldn't believe how different it was from my N4 & N7, maybe not worse but different at least (worse to me).

What does 1000 pages regarding the N4 in India have anything to do with this situation? Just confused what your point is.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Get the Z10...it'll make you want the Nexus 5 that much more when it's released this Fall.

Sent from my Z10 using Android Central Forums

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
We in USA don't appreciate how important & popular the N4 is worldwide, it will hold it's value much longer than other phones.

Not likely, there are new ones released annually and they debut at half the cost of mainstream high-end phones. I don't see where you get the idea Americans appreciate the Nexus 4 a different amount compared to other countries....

bgapfire

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I own the Nexus 4 and a Note 2. I bought the Nexus 4 because I love pure Android and it is a bargain compared to similarly spec'd devices.
I have yet to use for more than 3 days before switching back to the Note 2. It is a great device! I miss some of the small features that come standard with the Note 2. That said, I don't stay on the Note 2 for more than 3 days, either.
I have also learned that I want a 5" screen phone. The Nexus feels small at times and the Note 2 feels rather large at times.
Battery is no comparison. This is probably my biggest issue. Coming from any other phone may make the Nexus seem average. The Note 2 makes it feel completely inferior.

Other than that, I really enjoy the Nexus. It was a good purchase. My personal taste would be for a 5" screen, bigger battery, a 32 GB option and a few more standard features (battery percentage standard- I'm aware of apps in the store, option to change text notification from displaying message and a phone keypad search.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Don't buy it. Cheap, you get what you pay for.

Yes, that's definitely what the general consensus has been regarding the Nexus 4.

lol u mad?

EDIT: I corrected "be" to "been" because someone as astute as member "lolUmad" corrected me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2