contacts not coming up in emails

partham29

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi just got my nexus4. Got all my contacts in people. However when using yahoo or gmail I am not getting the contacts popping up. When I want to forward or create a new mail in the To; field if I type say p none of my contacts starting with p is popping up. How to fix this please. Thanks Partha

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I think you have to type at least two letters before a name will appear. Are you saying that nothing appears even after typing "sm" (for Smith)?

Tronstar

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Where are your contacts stored? I store all my contacts in gmail, so my phone syncs contacts FROM gmail instead of the other way around.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Nothing is coming up. I think it is not in Sync with my Contacts. Any other suggestion pl. Thanks.

Okay, let's get some clarification on a few things.

First, open the People app and then go to the "Contacts to Display" setting for that app. You mentioned that you are using Yahoo and Gmail. Are those two accounts listed? Do you have the "All Contacts" radio button selected? If not, be sure to select it, so that all contacts are viewable.

Next, are you using the "Gmail" and the "Y! Mail" apps... or are you using the "Email" app?

In the Gmail app, when you hit the menu button and choose "Settings", do you see your Gmail address? If so, tap it. Scroll down to the "Data Usage" section and look for "Sync Gmail". It should be checked. If it isn't, check it.

Is it your intent to sync actual Yahoo contacts with the phone? (I don't do this myself, since all of my contacts are in Gmail. If you're syncing Yahoo contacts, follow these steps: In the Y! Mail app, tap the menu button (three horizontal lines). Scroll down to the "Tools" section and tap "Accounts". You should see your Yahoo email address. It should say that your account is online. Back out of that and choose "Settings". Then tap "Account Settings" (which should have your Yahoo email listed there). Then tap "Other". Select the option to "Sync Yahoo! Contacts", if it isn't already selected.

I don't use the Email app, so I can't predict what behavior you'll see if you have not synced contacts via the Gmail account and the Y!Mail app, but I would guess that you'd need to do at least that much before your contacts would show up when composing an email.

Last edited:

Mohamed Awad1

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi just got my nexus4. Got all my contacts in people. However when using yahoo or gmail I am not getting the contacts popping up. When I want to forward or create a new mail in the To; field if I type say p none of my contacts starting with p is popping up. How to fix this please. Thanks Partha

I have tried a boring procedure but it worked .. Go through MS OUTLOOK. Then to your yahoo mail account. Then compose a mail. At the "To" address type "a" letter and select addresses. Then "b" letter ..etc..until you finish the required addresses. Good luck..

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith