Google play store!?

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering. One of reasons I got Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 are to have updates as they go out...

Sent from my Nexus 7

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
So I guess, no matter that we have Nexus devices... We'll have to wait.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So I guess, no matter that we have Nexus devices... We'll have to wait.

Yes for a app update you will. The plus to a nexus device is always having the latest SOFTWARE. Google play store is an app.

If you are in such a hurry just install the .apk simple

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
These are app updates. No advantage having a Nexus. The Nexus advantage is for OS updates not app.

If you want it that badly, download the apk. I have not seen it on my Nexus 4 or 7. Not in any rush for an app.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Well I knew that, but as it is Google play store, I thought that it will come faster. Not in a hurry, just asked...

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering. One of reasons I got Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 are to have updates as they go out...

Sent from my Nexus 7
here i fixed it for you "One of reasons I got Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 is to have Android updates as they go out"

playstore update is pushed out to everyone(about 500 million devices), but in phases.
be patient its not the end of the world. as always they get pushed to all devices in over a week time.

its like asking google i need app update faster because i have a nexus. Apps updates go to all users equally.

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting for the new play store update OTA... I have Nexus 10 (4.2.2 stock) and TMO GS2 (4.1.2 stock)... I'm waiting patiently! :)can't wait to experience with new look and feel!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Nexus devices should still get priority.. Effort the OEMS they're messing with android enough.....

sent from my Nexus 4 // GeekSquad FT ARA // NYLI

anon(161369)

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
its a Store UI change... you aren't getting anything new.... Why freak out over something this simple? its not like your getting a new version of android...

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
its a Store UI change... you aren't getting anything new.... Why freak out over something this simple? its not like your getting a new version of android...

Eh, still nice to get new things. The update is nice, and it's (I believe) a sneak peek into what Android 5.0 will look like.

With how Google Plus looks, Google Currents, Google Now, the new Play Store etc, I'm pretty sure the new version of Android will be influenced heavily from this white card looking system.

pushdrops

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately my Galaxy nexus now has the latest Play store update - I really do NOT care for it.

Guess we're stuck with it. Worst update since the move from the Market to Play Store branding..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
You'll get it when you get it. I was getting impatient when 4.2.2 was released because I didn't get it until maybe 4 days after lots of other people here. It finally prompted me to update after I swapped sims from either AT&T to T-Mobile or in reverse order, I can't remember. I installed the play store APK on my Nexus 7 but I'll wait till it gets updates on my Nexus 4 on it's own.