From Nexus 4 to Nexus 10

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm considering getting a Nexus 10 to replace my iPad 1. I'm curious whether the N10 is basically a big version of the N4, minus LTE and telephony. Or does the N10 have any hardware and software that the N4 lacks?

marc9569

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Basically, yes lol. Except that it is made by Samsung (not LG). You still have pure Android and the features of a Nexus device (faster updates, longer support, etc.), just in the form of a 10 inch tablet :)

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus 10 is to the Nexus 4 as the iPad is to the iPhone.

The only difference is that there are more/better tablet optimized apps in the iOS ecosystem, but it is getting better.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I was in that dilemma a few months ago as my wife wanted my iPad 3 for some apps she could run her work and that left me with needing a full sized tablet.

I looked at the iPad 4, Nexus 10 and note 10.1. I selected the iPad 4. Apple's back up and restore feature and Eco system with all of my kids apps etc (under my apple ID) tipped the scales toward iPad 4. It is a nice tablet and has performed well.

Not trying to slam android as I have several devices, but was just surprised the iOS had snared me to that extent lol!

Sent from my Nexus 4

Last edited:

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I don't regret buying the iPad. It's served me well and is still fine for watching Podcasts and checking email. But with iOS 5, it's now woefully underpowered RAM-wise. I should have stuck with iOS 4 because the additional features don't outweigh the performance hit.

I'm leaning toward the N10 because I just don't see enough value in the Apple ecosystem to justify the hefty price premium. I have an iMac and a MacBook Air, but when I needed a new phone, I went with another Android because all of the iCloud stuff can be done cross-platform just as well with Dropbox, Evernote, Google Calendar, etc.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I hear you. I just could not give up zombie gunship on iOS! Lol! Also I could get a lot more Google apps on iOS versus some games etc on android versus iOS.

Sent from my Nexus 4

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
If you own an N4 and an N10, how do they compare in terms of build quality? To me, the N4 doesn't feel or look cheap.

Same question if you own an iPad and an N10.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Uhhh... The N4 doesn't have lte either. Just saying.

No, the N4's chipset supports LTE, and its antenna supports one LTE band. For whatever reason, Google hasn't turned it on yet. Eventually it will be activated because it costs about $40 to add LTE to a device compared to using a chipset that stops at HSPA+. The handset market is so competitive and price-sensitive that vendors watch every penny and don't spend extra on technologies that they don't plan to use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance