Wifi Connection problem

OmarMallat

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
it seems that lot of people got the same problem in connecting Google Nexus devices to some wifi network, without knowing any reason in order to solve it. I had the same problem in my LG nexus, it's trying to connect, it loops in "Obtaining IP Address" without any success. I'm the administrator in our company so I had a chance to change some configuration in our access points, but again without any success.
I changed between 2.4GHz and 5GHz, between 20 and 40 MHz, between WPA and WPA2 and without security... All these options went to failure. actually I notice one small thing. when I enable DHCP in the Access point itself, I can connect.. but when I disable it and let my DHCP server to control that, connection failed. it seems that problem is from DHCP, and not from the access point frequency or channels. the option which worked with me is to specify a static IP address, which is not a good solution, but it works. this confirm that problem is from DHCP. but again, why other mobile devices and PC can connect easily??? is it a problem in Google device? in my company I know how to define a static IP, but the problem remains in all other locations where I don't know the network.
Please provide me with any help...

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I have my router set to periodically renew random DHCP-assigned IP addresses within a fifteen number range, my Nexus 4 has never had a problem connecting at 2.4 or 5 GHz. I'll look into my settings in a bit and edit later.

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
If you check the signal strength of the network you are probably trying to connect to, you will notice that it is probably 1 bar which can cause a lot of problems when the phone is trying to connect to the network.