Nexus 4 ringer not ringing

dawundasom

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 4 doesn't ring even when ring volume is set to max and silent mode is disabled. All I get is a visual call alert on my screen. I've checked and re-checked all the settings, tried a reboot, and still having the same problem.

Anyone else experienced this issue and found a fix that doesn't involve a factory reset?

dawundasom

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes, that's the strange part. All other alerts (email arrival, appointments, alarms, etc.) are working. Just the ringer when a call comes in isn't working. I've had the phone maybe 3 weeks and originally the ringer was working fine.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Must be a setting or a conflicting app. Do you have gVoice, Groove IP, etc or lightflow? Curious to the point above as well.

dawundasom

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Bria SIP appears to be the culprit. After turning off Bria's "run on startup" setting and doing a full reboot, ringer is back to working. I'd done prior reboots without disabling that Bria setting and it had not fixed the problem.

dawundasom

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
As for question from Jaysus, the switching ringtones idea was also tried before I started fiddling with Bria and it didn't have any impact.

Nexus 62

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

this happened to mine too. No idea what caused it as I don't use the app mentioned. All other phone sounds worked OK and selecting a new ringtone made no difference to the problem. A reboot fixed it.

kemikos

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
My wife's Nexus 4 has the exact same problem.

It plays sounds through the speaker just fine. In fact, it plays the ringtone when selecting it on the settings menu. Just not when a call is incoming.

Changing the ringtone has no effect. Neither does rebooting the phone. I've tried booting the phone into safe mode, and nothing (so if it is app-related, it must be a google app, since that's all that runs in safe mode).

Anyone have any suggestions for anything else I can try? I'm kinda at a loss here...

unight

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi. Had the same issue. The problem was in the volume. Try to go to Settings -> Sound -> Volumes. Find there "Alarms" item and check volume value. My was 0. =)

foodchic

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I have been experiencing the same problem for almost 3 weeks. I've tried changing the ringer; I went to settings to sound to volumes and everything is turned up there. I've rebooted countless times. I've downloaded different ringtones. I've tried the ringtones that came with the phone.

I saw where someone was talking about Bria. I don't know what that is. It's not something I've downloaded unless it came on the phone. Please give me some ideas. I'm missing important calls every day. If I have it sitting on my desk and I happen to see someone is calling, then I can answer. Otherwise, I never hear a thing. All my other sounds like the notifications, alarms and apps work just fine. It's just any incoming call.

pratikvdoshi

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi All...

I just got my nexus 4 yesterday with stock android 4.2.2

It is not rooted

The in call speaker volume is very very low...

Also, the ring tone volume is very low..

Other than that I love my phone..

Please help..

pauladev

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I see this thread has not been updated since August 2013 but the same has just happened to my wife's Nexus 4. No ringer, no notification. All are set and full volume. Ringing choice doesn't play when trying to change. Nothing new installed for a long time. None of the suggestions above worked. Still vibrates and can hear caller but no ringer. Any ideas?

SANTOSHBH

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
i have the same issue of ringer not working, all other sounds working fine. Vibration is also working. So started checking what apps i installed recently..
Found battery doctor was the last installed. uninstalled it, rebooted, ringer is back. But downside of it last the vibration :(

any suggestions.

Harkamal Garg

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I am having problems with my phone not ringing, i tried changing settings but that is not helpingt has media audio, incoming text audio and alarm but not incoming phone calls...

sudha palani

May 14, 2015
Visit site
I have been experiencing the same problem for almost 3 weeks. I've tried changing the ringer; I went to settings to sound to volumes and everything is turned up there. I've rebooted countless times. I've downloaded different ringtones. I've tried the ringtones that came with the phone.

I saw where someone was talking about Bria. I don't know what that is. It's not something I've downloaded unless it came on the phone. Please give me some ideas. I'm missing important calls every day. If I have it sitting on my desk and I happen to see someone is calling, then I can answer. Otherwise, I never hear a thing. All my other sounds like the notifications, alarms and apps work just fine. It's just any incoming call.

sudha palani

May 14, 2015
Visit site
My Nexus 4 doesn't ring even when ring volume is set to max and silent mode is disabled. All I get is a visual call alert on my screen. I've checked and re-checked all the settings, tried a reboot, and still having the same problem.

Anyone else experienced this issue and found a fix that doesn't involve a factory reset?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt