How do I delete music albums?

j_smith898

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I must be missing something incredibly obvious, but I cannot figure out how to delete whole albums from the "Play Music" app. I see how to delete individual songs, but is there a way to delete entire albums? Please tell me something as basic as this is actually possible ... ? Thank you!

ring o fire

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Not 100% on this but you may have to do it from your computer and not your phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Tabs85

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Dont think you can using the standard music player.

You may need to try another music player, or use a file manager like astro.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not 100% on this, but I believe since Play Music auto pulls in album information when adding individual songs, the album information won't disappear until you delete every song under that album. Play Music is mostly designed for playing your music, not managing your collection. For managing your music collection and doing things like deleting entire albums, I suggest you install an app designed for that, install a file explorer, or use a PC.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

exapno

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
using your PC is fast and easy

Computer -> phone ID -> Music -. right click on album you want deleted -> delete took me two seconds

Kelly8313

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
When you have 500+ albums it is hard to go thru on the computer and delete each and every one you no longer want. Not to mention that when you right click and hit delete album, it asks you to confirm that you want to delete it, and then takes you back to the top of the page, so you have to constantly scroll down to get back down to where you were trying to delete. Annoying, google!