Sprint Nexus 4?

extremenet

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
It looks like Sprint has stopped selling the Galaxy Nexus online. Could we see an LTE-enabled LG Nexus 4 coming to Sprint soon? I hope so.

rayzaname

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Very unlikely. The best chance for an LTE-enabled N4 would go to T-Mobile. Even then, I think it would need FCC approval to operate on LTE bands within the US. It's hard to believe Google would bother at this point in the N4's life-cycle. Maybe for the next Nexus?

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
It's hard to believe Google would bother at this point in the N4's life-cycle.

Good point. On the one hand, it wouldn't cost Google much because it's a matter of turning on something that's already built into the N4's chipset. But on the other, Google might not want to activate LTE if it believes doing so will goose N4 sales and thus cut into the market for the N5.

imneveral0ne

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
At the price they're selling them, you can buy 2 of em for the price of normal phones. :p

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

extremenet

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
But are we really that far into the N4's life-cycle? It's only been out for about 6 months, right? It took the Nexus S 4G about 6 months to come to Sprint after the Nexus S was released, I think. Plus why would Sprint pull the GNex but still sell the LG Optimus S? No other evidence of it, but I'm hoping.

Although there is part of me that just wants to buy a GSM N4 and give T-Mobile a try in my area. Probably would get better data speeds until Sprint's LTE deployment is done, and even then...

mcshaggin

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Although there is part of me that just wants to buy a GSM N4 and give T-Mobile a try in my area. Probably would get better data speeds until Sprint's LTE deployment is done, and even then...

Try one of the Tmo MVNOs and save a few bucks. Straight talk or Solievai.

chestont

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I know it's not running vanilla android but you could always do an Optimus G with a launcher. You get the same general hardware with LTE and Sprint if you are wanting/needing to remain with them.

Of course, there are lots of great options (Note 2, GS4, HTC One etc.) if vanilla android isn't your first priority and you can just run a launcher instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2