Telespielstube

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Just to avoid any questions, I live in the capital of Germany not in any village in the country.
Yesterday, I turned off Google Now after months of trying out I decided the benefits aren't significantly more than without Google Now. For example, the "Public transport card" I have a bus stop right across the street from where I live, but it never showed up in the card, the same goes with the "Places card" I live in a district with a high density of restaurants, bars, coffee shops clubs and tourists( just added this to make clear that those people normally photopgraph and rate visited places on the relevant sites, I know this because if I serach manually for a coffe shop, at least one review shows up), but those places only show up every once in a while.
I could add more examples but I stop here. Not to demonize all, I really appreciate the "Sports card" and "Weather card" sadly its no unique feature. Do you experience the same or is Google Now the life companions for you as well as Google advertises it?

razzyjones

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
the sports and weather are the only ones I have too lol... I've used it to ask stupid questions to play with it but it's a novelty same with suri

it works great for quick simple stuff but any real task I find easier doing myself

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
i get the places card every few times a day depending on my location.
since i made my transportation mode driving it wont give me Public transport card.
it also shows me event card every single time.

rsxtcy4me

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I like the local events card. Found some cool stuff going on in my town that I probably wouldn't have know about otherwise.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

rshotttt

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I have never seen the public transit google card and I have it enabled and live in New York City. Google now and cards is really awful in my experience. Nothing ever shows up when I want it to. It only ever shows the weather card even though I have many enabled.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine is pulling travel info out of emails and making cards, also doing that for parcel shipments from online retailers. Those are pretty valuable to me.

The photo spot suggestions are pretty good too if you travel a lot.

I find it handles a ton of stuff that you would otherwise need at least a handful of apps+widgets to cobble together.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

hellomiggy

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I cleared my data and cache once in a while just to see what will happen. I remember driving by and I used GNow and it popped up the bus stop information. I was like "Cool!!", It normally pops up the Sports card, Weather Card, Local Events, Restaurants, and Photo Spots. It gives me the Driving time for me to go to work. What freaked me out this happened two days ago. I was charging my phone at my girlfriends house, and we were going to costco, a big store. I never wrote anything on my phone, it was charging and we just talked about it for a couple of minutes. Finally I look at my phone and see driving directions to Costco. It freaked me out, like "how did you know!?" It works, maybe clearing your data will help it out better?

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Do you experience the same or is Google Now the life companions for you as well as Google advertises it?

I normally get cards for weather, traffic, and package shipments. Once in a while I will get a card for events and movies.

Lately I have been getting cards with topics related to the Nexus 4. I suspect that the cards are showing up because I do a lot of Google searches for the Nexus 4, both on my smartphone and on my laptop (where I am logged in on my Chrome browser).

I think if you keep doing a lot of Google searches, Google Now gets a hint of what may interest you, and it will sometimes generate a card based on your interests. Perhaps you need to do a lot of searches before a card will show up. Still, I think it would be better if you could specify what you want directly. So far, I feel that Google Now is trying to "guess" what I want to know, but that doesn't feel like an efficient process to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze