Nexus 4 screen cracks - defective - Google and LG do not take responsibility

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my iphone and told them the truth about how....I got a replacement, took less than 3 days (over a weekend at that)

One of the nice things about Apple and iPhone, they are typically good for at least one courtesy replacement. Drop it again though and they most likely won't be so forgiving.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
One of the nice things about Apple and iPhone, they are typically good for at least one courtesy replacement. Drop it again though and they most likely won't be so forgiving.

Not always. My Grandson dropped his iPhone from about a 3 foot height, when it was 2 weeks old and the screen broke. He brought it to an Apple store and they offered to repair it for about $100 ( I think that was the amount).

andrew hansinger

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Some really thoughtful, intelligent responses on here. Others not so much. For those skeptics and knee jerk sarcastics, pray you don't drop your phone. And have a look at the amount of complaints from other nexus 4 owners for same issue.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Some really thoughtful, intelligent responses on here. Others not so much. For those skeptics and knee jerk sarcastics, pray you don't drop your phone. And have a look at the amount of complaints from other nexus 4 owners for same issue.

It doesn't matter in regards to warranty. Dropping a phone is the user's fault, not the manufacturer's. The best way to eliminate the potential of a back cracking/shattering is don't buy a phone with a glass back. The best way to minimize any glass, front or back, cracking is put some protection on it. No manufacturer is going to warranty physical damage due to a drop. If you are lucky, they may give you a courtesy repair/exchange.

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't matter in regards to warranty. Dropping a phone is the user's fault, not the manufacturer's. The best way to eliminate the potential of a back cracking/shattering is don't buy a phone with a glass back. The best way to minimize any glass, front or back, cracking is put some protection on it. No manufacturer is going to warranty physical damage due to a drop. If you are lucky, they may give you a courtesy repair/exchange.

I think a decent case like the Acase will pretty much protect the back in a reasonable drop. For the folks that choose to use minimal protection like no case or a bumper, then the chances of the back breaking, like any piece of glass, are much better.

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
That's why Apple quickly abandoned glass backs: It knew a reputation for fragility would deter some people from buying an iPhone.

All phones still have glass fronts, so dropping them is still not a good thing to do, no matter what the back is made of. Would be interesting to know the ratio of screens versus back breakage.

rhiwxwe

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello my name is Rhiannon Cormier i am from Saint Andrews Nb Canada , I recently purchased a nexus 4 on a two year contract with fido In Saint John NB canada i also purchased the 89$ warranty and not even having it a week i left it charging all night on my night stand when i woke up in the morning i went to pick it up and it was so hot to touch i dropped it on my carpet and it cracked and now is non responsive and wont work i am not impressed with the company or my service so far something must be done and i expect a exchange or some sort of refund thats not rightt the product is defective

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello my name is Rhiannon Cormier i am from Saint Andrews Nb Canada , I recently purchased a nexus 4 on a two year contract with fido In Saint John NB canada i also purchased the 89$ warranty and not even having it a week i left it charging all night on my night stand when i woke up in the morning i went to pick it up and it was so hot to touch i dropped it on my carpet and it cracked and now is non responsive and wont work i am not impressed with the company or my service so far something must be done and i expect a exchange or some sort of refund thats not rightt the product is defective

It was so hot, you dropped it..... I can't believe that ......

mysticmeg

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Beat this one I've dropped my s4 flat on its screen with a cover on that I paid 3 quid roughly off eBay both times not even a scratch anywhere on the screen. Thank god my cover has a big rim at the front that I'm assuming takes the shock of it falling screen first out rather than sending the shock through to the glass screen.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
PFF this was a one off event. Crashed cycling in a group at 40kpmh landing my phone straight into bitumen no damage at all.

Posted via the mystical forest creatures that power this Nexus 4.

Ericson Benicio

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
hi guys,
I`m Ericson from Brazil...
Now is my day... I recently purchased a nexus 4(3weeks) and for the first time it fell from the sofa and now is broken.. Anyone know how i can replace by myself, where`s the chepeast website to buy new screen and frame?
i`m so disapointed with it.

- - - Updated - - -

hi Rizwan, Did you find the best way how to replace?

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus fell from my jacket pocket while kneeling down, fell onto concrete on the top edge.

And....

Aside from a scuff on the bezel, a-ok.

// Tapatalk HD for Android - Nexus 7 //

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
My girlfriends has survived multiple drops. She eventually broke it today claiming she didn't drop it and doesnt know how it got their. My guess is she dropped it silly girl. Time to get her a dbrand back even though she wants me to replace the back -_-.

Posted via the mystical forest creatures that power this Nexus 4.

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I am convinced that these stories of people waking up in the morning with their screens or back broken on their N4, just dropped it and don't want to admit it.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Why do people assume LG and Google should be liable for replacing phones that have admittedly been dropped?
They never touted the N4 as a super durable phone to begin with. Use the phone carefully, and put a case on it if you're a clumsy f?ck.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000