Here's why I hope LG doesn't make any more Nexus phones

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

What case. Something made out of glass will break if you drop it, sit on it, or put glass thats 100-130F on a surface that is 50F? Or that some people can't figure out that badly coded apps cause massive battery drain, or constantly refreshing everything every 10 minuets drain you battery? Most people seem happy with the phone.

Anyway, I could find the same for just about any other phone on the market. Just to be "that guy" I found some for you.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/234582-samsung-galaxy-s3-will-not-turn.html
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...nnection-problems-since-firmware-upgrade.html
http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s3/268611-galaxy-s3-screen-not-working.html
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/268442-evo-lte-crashing-running-slow.html
http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/211547-trouble-sending-text-messages.html

Need I continue?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
file.php

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The nexus brand has never been about hardware, it's more for developers and geeks that want the pure android experience.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The nexus brand has never been about hardware, it's more for developers and geeks that want the pure android experience.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Even though the N7, N4, and N10 had the best hardware at release. And the 7 and 10 still have the best hardware of their respective form factors.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Darrkman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm a N4 owner and I have to question some of the replies in here. The N4 is a GREAT phone and the best I've ever owned. HOWEVER.....the camera does leave something be desired. Anyone coming from the HTC One X or One S family would probably agree with me on this one.

Great phone....,passable camera when not in very strong light.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm a N4 owner and I have to question some of the replies in here. The N4 is a GREAT phone and the best I've ever owned. HOWEVER.....the camera does leave something be desired. Anyone coming from the HTC One X or One S family would probably agree with me on this one.

Great phone....,passable camera when not in very strong light.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
That is unfortunate my iPhone 5 definitely has a better camera, that is one big issue with it.

wildmangk

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I personally love the design of the N4. Ive owned other Lg smartphones in the past and none come close to the N4

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I regard the camera as good enough. Takes good enough pictures for me. No its not the best camera out there, but it gets the job done and much better than its predecessor. And the 4.2 camera app is awesome!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
No way! All those "issues" are hard ware issues I suffer none of those problems(besides battery) the screen is awesome the camera is just as good as the 4S and the design is awesome.

Don't forget this is Googles phone not LG's I hope LG makes more Nexus phones.

LG makes everything. Then goes to Google and submits the phone..

Google then works with LG to refine the phone more and they attempt to throw in stuff they want..

Google doesn't just go to LG and say here manufacturer this phone..

sent from my Nexus 4 // GeekSquad FT ARA // NYLI

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Google then works with LG to refine the phone more and they attempt to throw in stuff they want..

Ahh thanks for enlightenment on this subject. All I'm gonna say is that I still love my N4.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I don't believe that's how it works actually. Usually they submit a 'bid' for the device, which google then evaluates. Once they are chosen, they design the phone with Google's input. They don't give google an actual device until that point. Its the same thing htc used to do when they designed phones for Palm and others.

The way you describe it would be incredibly costly and time intensive.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
did read thru the 3 pages of replys cause bottom line i have been very happy with my nexus 4 and first experience with android with 4.2... imo hangs with the best phones in it's class when released... still no slouch now with the screen and processing power and pure jelly bean and you still cant get anything with those specs and such a solid performer at that price.

mset

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
OP is either a common troll (likely) or very confused. The N4 is an incredibly good value proposition. You don't start whining about the fact that a BMW M5 doesn't spec out like a Ferrari F12 Berlinetta. The M5 is all the car you'll ever need, and have you compared the price tag?

saintforlife

May 1, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I wasn't trying to troll anybody. The only reason I made this thread is be because I've been following this forum closely with the intention of switching to Nexus for good and I always seem to see a small set of 3 or 4 problems come up over and over for the N4. I know all phones have their issues and people come on the forums to complain/discuss. Usually if you read other forums, the devices have a myriad of issues and there is no particular pattern for people's complaints. With the N4 it seemed like there were 3-4 obvious areas of weakness. But the replies here have convinced me to rethink my stance a bit. I've decided I will be getting whichever Nexus phone comes out next, even if it is just the current model with 32GB storage and LTE. The pros obviously outweigh the cons. But I won't complain if the next one is not made by LG.

Last edited: