using Nexus 4 on AT&T $50 Unlimited

AustinRawr

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I have had a Nexus 4 since it first went on sale, and have used it on various carriers. First, I used Straight Talk (AT&T), but after being throttled to barely-dial-up speeds, I switched to the $30 unlimited text, data, 100min T-Mobile plan. Bad Idea. After switching, i was unable to access full T-Mobile '4G' speed, because apparently it is not available in my area, even though it is advertised as such. I get good data speeds for my area, and the service is okay. The trouble begins when i leave the area, and it doesn't end until i come back. There is absolutely no service, only roaming.

I have ordered an AT&T MicroSim, and am wondering how i would be able to activate the $50 Unlimited GoPhone (Dumb Phone) plan using my Nexus 4.
I know they offer a smartphone plan for $25 with 250mins and unlimited texting, with the option to add data for up to $25/1G, but to be honest I use way too much data for any addon option to be feasible. If it requires using less data to make the $50 unlimited option work, that is fine.
I have an Lg Vu (Dumb Phone) and a Samsung Note I i can use for IMEIs and activation, but am wondering exactly how to do it.
My Micro Sim will arrive within a week, so hopefully I can activate it when i receive it.

Thanks in advance!
:]

AustinRawr

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
How can I activate, and use, my nexus 4 on AT&T's $50 unlimited GoPhone plan(meant for dumb phones), without getting kicked off, or switched over to their smartphone plan?

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're not violating the terms of the contract, why would you get kicked off? But if you want to violate the terms of the contract, there's probably some warez for that. :D

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I didn't even know one could buy Go Phone sims. I never heard of anybody using a Nexus 4 on a Go Phone plan.

Edited: huh?????.............I guess you can use the N4 on AT&T's Go Phone network. I guess you can get a micro sim from an AT&T store and then just buy minutes/data as needed. Here is a thread where a person signed up for it with Go Phone's $50 plan and the APN settings they used, though I don't quite understand what the data allotment is (if any) for the $50 plan, or why somebody would choose it if there is no data. Anyway here is a link to the thread. Nexus 4 on GoPhone

Last edited: