Why is my phone making this noise??

redlegoman

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've been a Nexus 4 owner for a month or so now, and everything has been OK so far. In the last 3 days however, my phone has been playing a weird alarm-type sound, seemingly at random. Have a look at this YouTube video and see if you recognise it, and if you can tell me which app is doing it! I've tried uninstalling all the apps I've installed in the last few days, and I just can't work it out!

Many, many thanks.

Weird Nexus 4 noise - YouTube

redlegoman

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
That's exactly what it is! I got a new debit card with an RFID chip in it. How annoying! Apparently I can only turn of NFC altogether, not just the sound, which is fine by me, because I don't use it anyway.
Is this NFC by any chance? Are you in London and have an oyster card in your wallet?

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Happened to me on the first day I got the phone. I was putting it on top of my wallet on my desk and I was like, what's going on? Never had nfc before. At first I thought it was some kind of alert to tell me my phone was in a highly unstable position :confused:

Also turned off NFC, I have no use for it here in the UK.

loopy1978

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
ive just got a lg nexus x5 and i put my phone down on the table and kept making a noise so i googled it was sent to this page saw about credit cards and thats what i was doing i was laying it on top of bf bank card:p