Cleaning the Screen

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
What do you use to clean the screen on your phone? After a day, my screen is a greasy mess. I found that taking a paper towel and spraying it with a very light spray of windex and then using that to wipe the screen works very well and doesn't streak.

Wondering of there is a better way? I don't use a screen protector.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I use monster clean. It reduce finger print and smudges.
This is the same screen cleaner apple uses in their store for cleaning their devices.

Monster CleanTouch? for iPad?/iPhone?/iPod? Touchscreen cleaning kit at Crutchfield.com

Wow, that looks great, thanks!

I find sandpaper and bleach are awesome at removing fingerprints, dirt, and smudges.

Never tried it yet. I'll have to buy some bleach. I always keep sandpaper on hand for wiping my hands after eating.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I'm about as low tech as it gets...I just use a (dry) tea/dish towel...seems to work fine for all my touchscreen devices...

skotx

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
For years I've been using microfiber towels that you can get just about anywhere. I think I got mine in the detailing section of an auto parts store. They have a certain feel to them that is hard to describe but they're dry and leave no residue.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I found that taking a paper towel and spraying it with a very light spray of windex and then using that to wipe the screen works very well and doesn't streak.

I've done the same thing for years with multiple phones and tablets, with and without screen protectors. Works just fine.

sonicresidue

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I use an old microfiber towel from my collection of auto detailing supplies. The ones designed for glass usually work the best since they have shorter, tighter fibers and don't leave streaks. All the ones I've seen are green in color. That, along with a small amount of glass cleaner applied directly to the towel works well for me.

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I also use a microfiber cloth. I dip a corner in a little white vinegar and water solution (and squeeze any excess out) instead of windex.

Sent from my Nexus 4 on Solavei

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
They work great. But you need to be sure to make fast work of it since they seem to evaporate quickly. :eek:

For a phone you should be fine - only a worry with tablets.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
What do you use to clean the screen on your phone? After a day, my screen is a greasy mess. I found that taking a paper towel and spraying it with a very light spray of windex and then using that to wipe the screen works very well and doesn't streak.

Nooooooo!! :eek: No Windex. :thumbdown:

I use gentle eyeglass lens or lcd monitor cleaner, lightly sprayed on a lint-free cloth. Cleaners for led and plasma tvs should be gentle enough. (Got a Costco near you? They sell a great eyeglass care kit with free refills of fluid.)

If you have a clean, damp microfiber cloth, that'll do the trick but dry gently after.

3M makes a superb microfiber "electronics cleaning cloth" that comes and goes on Amazon.

Windex contains ammonia and other cleansers that are too harsh for a touchscreen. Bad. Bad. :(

// Tapatalk HD for Android - Nexus 7 //

kiroid

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site

I wouldn't use any kind of liquid on my phone/tablet. I use a microfiber cloth to clean the screen of my phone/tablet. The great thing about it is that you don't have to spray any liquid on your screen to clean it with. All you need is a microfiber cloth and it'll get rid of all the fingerprints/grease. After using it, it'll look like it's brand new :p.

I find sandpaper and bleach are awesome at removing fingerprints, dirt, and smudges.
Never tried it yet. I'll have to buy some bleach. I always keep sandpaper on hand for wiping my hands after eating.
LOL, best comment ever :D!!

Attachments

• IMG_20130425_233059.jpg
    IMG_20130425_233059.jpg
    608 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

kiroid

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
tumblr_lthhihJULx1r4alnuo1_500.jpg

Last edited:

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the ideas everyone. I never liked the micro fiber cloths that came with other phone because after a while, all they did was smear oil around the screen.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
A good microfiber cloth (e. g. 3M kind) can and should be hand washed in warm water and gentle soap (Dr. Bronner's FTW) once in a while, drip dry. No more smear. :beer:

Btw I like a good screen protector because in addition to protecting against scratches, you can clean it quickly, if it gets hazy, ... just replace it.

// Tapatalk HD for Android - Nexus 7 //