Removing/changing long press home search with Nova Launcher

mr_wendal

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Nova launcher and can't seem to get the "long press menu" option working. I've set it to toggle the notification bar, but it always brings up Google search. I never use the long press home button to search, but I can't seem to get rid of it. I thought nova was supposed to allow me to change its action. Has anyone else gotten it to work?

Edit: I'm seeing the same behavior in Apex, so I'm guessing the rom controls that button?

Edit 2: If anyone happens to stumble upon this trying to decide between Nova vs Apex launcher, they really are almost exactly the same. The only differences in the free versions are which options are offered without purchasing. Some gestures are free with Apex, whereas you have to buy Nova to get any. Both require purchase to group apps, but Apex allows you to hide them in the free version. I ended up going with Apex since some gestures are free and the menu seems better organized/less cluttered.

Last edited:

kokutwat

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
stock nova it does nothing for me too. I have long press menu set to one of my fave apps (fivewallpaper get it), but it just goes to google search.

wtf is long press menu? is it indeed holding down the home button???

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar