High Wifi Usage - Kaspersky Mobile Security

HeydarRadar

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

I've had Kaspersky for little under two days.

However, under WiFi usage it is showing nearly 400mb worth of background data having been transferred?

What on Earth is going on here? I've emailed Kaspersky Support for help on the matter.

Any helps or comments would be greatly appreciated.

With thanks,

Waqar

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Well if kaspersky is acting as a firewall or proxy, it's possible that traffic which should be attributed to another app like a browser is being attributed to kaspersky instead. But that's just a guess...

HeydarRadar

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Well if kaspersky is acting as a firewall or proxy, it's possible that traffic which should be attributed to another app like a browser is being attributed to kaspersky instead. But that's just a guess...

See this is a reasonable explanation. However, I am not seeing the same activity from Kaspersky when I am out and about using mobile internet. Also, over the last 24 hours I've not done any major browsing.

I've raised this with Kaspersky to see what is going on. I sure hope this app isn't stealing data. I downloaded the APK via the Kaspersky Website and had to first allow Android to allow the installation from what it deemed an "Unknown Source". I gave it a shot anyway as it was just Kaspersky.....sure hope I didn't download something else from the website...

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
If you downloaded it from kaspersky's real website you should not have a problem.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

HeydarRadar

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
If you downloaded it from kaspersky's real website you should not have a problem.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

The paranoid computer illiterate (ha thats funny because I work in IT) says what happens if I somehow downloaded a malicious file or a malicious file was super imposed on their website etc etc etc.....

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I used Kaspersky Mobile Security for a few months but don't remember noting it eating data like that. God willing they get back to you on this issue.

I stopped using it because I kept experiencing validation issues that would disable KMS completely upon boot because the app wouldn't load upon rebooting my phone because, yep, it "thinks" it hasn't gone through the Play Store validation process and I would constantly have to revalidate the app and go through the entire setup process... over and over again. Not worth $15 for one heck of an achilles heel in design.

Thief; "Uh oh, this guy had Kaspersky Mobile Security on the phone...! *lol* Let me just reboot it..."

This is a known issue as it's addressed on their Play Store page;

TROUBLESHOOTING:I am unable to validate Kaspersky Mobile Security app. What should I do?

On some devices, Google Play issues can result in an app failing to validate ? even though the app has been paid for.
If this happens, please do the following:

1. On the device, select Applications > Settings > Applications > Manage applications.
2. Select Google Play Store.
3. On the app information screen, select Clear cache ? then select Clear data.
4. Restart Google Play.
5. Start Kaspersky Mobile Security and re-validate the app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol