Nexus 4 Random Shut Down Problems

TweeterNote

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
My two month old nexus 4 is shutting down on its own at least once a week. Sufficient Battery. Reset to Factory settings more than a few times already. Removed suspicious apps downloaded from the Play Store. Nothing seems to work. Does anyone else have the same problem? I have contacted Customer Support, they are going to replace it, but I want to know if this is isolated or widespread.

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
How often would you say it occurs? Are you rooted/custom rom?

If it occurs quite frequently throughout the day, you could try putting it into safe mode. As still1 said, I think apps like beautiful widgets and hdwidgets can cause shut downs.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I do. Do you think that could be the culprit?

yup that is the culprit. every time there is an update to BW app my phone reboots. Its not just my Nexus 4, my nexus 10 also reboots.
there was a update to beautiful widget recently. Its not a device issue since my N10 also reboots.

TweeterNote

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys. What's odd is that my other N4 (16gig) also has BW but it doesn't shut down. I'm experiencing about once per week. Not rooted either

Franbr

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem but only about 4 times since January. Conditions vary when this happens. Once while charging but the other instances have no common characteristics.

minario

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem I can't resolve it ... It random shutdow. Everyday .. I got it from Google store in america and returned to my country Egypt
I don't have a Google store in Egypt ... What can I do ????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo