Anyone using Go Smart T-Mobile on their N4 ?

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
https://www.gosmartmobile.com/compare-prepaid-cell-phone-plans

Curious if anyone here is using Go Smart on their Nexus 4, if so how is it ?

I have been with Straight Talk ATT for the past 6 months, and they are sucking bad lately, very slow data speeds, and I keep my monthly data usage typically around 1.5GB/Month, never once over 2GB/Month. Same with my brother using ST ATT on his Galaxy Nexus, he also keeps monthly data pretty low on the network, but has said the past couple of months, getting like 2G/Edge speeds too.

I e-mailed Straight Talk, they replied said call the 1-800 #. So I just did, got a hold of someone, he said my account has a note on it "Data speeds reduced" I asked why, because my average monthly use is always around 1.5GB/Month. Customer Service Rep said he can't help with that, but would transfer me to another service person, and all that was just an auto message on how to reduce data, by using WiFi as much as possible, and have nothing on auto update. But there was no one to actually speak about this with about it. Ugh :mad: The automated message that says "Customer service reps can not restore your original data speeds, but please use WiFi as much as possible, and turn off all Sync options, and turn off auto updates, etc..."

So now what ? Try Go Smart ?

mcshaggin

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I just started straight talk today. Getting awesome speeds compared to sprint wimax. I figured if Straight talk puts themselves out of business for throttling early or I decided I don't like them cutting me too early, I'll pay a little more to go to tmo directly. Maybe solieve sp? Maybe this Go Smart is another option.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
From what I understand, the $45 Go Smart plan, uses T-Mobile's HSPA+ 42mb/sec speeds, you get up to 5GB/Month, and if you go over 5GB/Month, you are throttled down to Edge speeds.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I was under the impression that gosmart was either not full h+ speeds, or they give network priority to tmo direct sims when network traffic gets heavy in a given area. I'm not sure if either, or both of those situations is true. I do know that solvaei uses tmo's network and has full speed with no prioritization issues. I think it's $49 for unlimited everything with the first 4gb of data at h+ speeds. Although I'm happy with my $30 5gb direct tmo plan, that's what I'd be looking at if I enjoyed talking on my phone more and needed the minutes. Fortunately, there are very few people I like to talk to.

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I was under the impression that gosmart was either not full h+ speeds, or they give network priority to tmo direct sims when network traffic gets heavy in a given area. I'm not sure if either, or both of those situations is true. I do know that solvaei uses tmo's network and has full speed with no prioritization issues. I think it's $49 for unlimited everything with the first 4gb of data at h+ speeds. Although I'm happy with my $30 5gb direct tmo plan, that's what I'd be looking at if I enjoyed talking on my phone more and needed the minutes. Fortunately, there are very few people I like to talk to.

How does solvaei work ? Is that a T-Mobile or AT&T mvno ? Where can I buy the SIM cards from ? Like Walmart ?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
How does solvaei work ? Is that a T-Mobile or AT&T mvno ? Where can I buy the SIM cards from ? Like Walmart ?

I would private message runtmms (just do a search for her or for solvei). She's been using it for months now, and helps out a lot on the forum. It's a tmo mnvo, and from what I've read, a solid company. I'm pretty sure you get a sim from them. I think you can pay the $49 per month or if you get others to sign up, you get discounted rates...hence contacting runtmms.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
https://www.gosmartmobile.com/compare-prepaid-cell-phone-plans

Curious if anyone here is using Go Smart on their Nexus 4, if so how is it ?

I have been with Straight Talk ATT for the past 6 months, and they are sucking bad lately, very slow data speeds, and I keep my monthly data usage typically around 1.5GB/Month, never once over 2GB/Month. Same with my brother using ST ATT on his Galaxy Nexus, he also keeps monthly data pretty low on the network, but has said the past couple of months, getting like 2G/Edge speeds too.

I e-mailed Straight Talk, they replied said call the 1-800 #. So I just did, got a hold of someone, he said my account has a note on it "Data speeds reduced" I asked why, because my average monthly use is always around 1.5GB/Month. Customer Service Rep said he can't help with that, but would transfer me to another service person, and all that was just an auto message on how to reduce data, by using WiFi as much as possible, and have nothing on auto update. But there was no one to actually speak about this with about it. Ugh :mad: The automated message that says "Customer service reps can not restore your original data speeds, but please use WiFi as much as possible, and turn off all Sync options, and turn off auto updates, etc..."

So now what ? Try Go Smart ?

^ This...

I had slow downs for two months running on Straight Talk with an AT&T compatible SIM and moderate data usage. I didn't discuss it with them. I saw the writing on the wall. They and AT&T are having a spat. There'e nothing a consumer can do directly other than vote with their $.

Of all the direct carriers, I feel T-Mobile gives the greatest value - if you are in an area where they have good coverage. Since the OP is talking about using a T-Mo mvno then why not ride their towers directly and not have to worry about the middleman? mvno's will always have to yield to whomever they piggyback with.

Is more than one phone going to switch carriers in your house? If so, T-Mo's Simple Choice plan might be worth looking at....

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
From what I understand, the $45 Go Smart plan, uses T-Mobile's HSPA+ 42mb/sec speeds, you get up to 5GB/Month, and if you go over 5GB/Month, you are throttled down to Edge speeds.

If you read the fine print on the Go Smart Mobile page, their $45 plan starts at 3g speeds. T-Mobile calls their HSPA+ 4g, so I would not expect to have access to it with Go Smart. I haven't seen any real world reports on what speeds people are getting with them.

I have been using Solavei since January - they are a T-Mobile MVNO. They were the best deal for my needs. It's an unlimited plan with 4GB of unthrottled data for $49/month. They do have access to 4g. If you have any questions, ask away.

Sent from my Nexus 4 on Solavei

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
If you read the fine print on the Go Smart Mobile page, their $45 plan starts at 3g speeds. T-Mobile calls their HSPA+ 4g, so I would not expect to have access to it with Go Smart. I haven't seen any real world reports on what speeds people are getting with them.

I have been using Solavei since January - they are a T-Mobile MVNO. They were the best deal for my needs. It's an unlimited plan with 4GB of unthrottled data for $49/month. They do have access to 4g. If you have any questions, ask away.

Thanks. So how do I go about trying out this Solavei ? Where can I get the SIM package and get it going, porting my number over, etc...

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. So how do I go about trying out this Solavei ? Where can I get the SIM package and get it going, porting my number over, etc...

SIM cards are available directly from Solavei for $9. You can port your number in, one oddity with them is you must port when you activate the SIM. They won't port a number to already active SIM/account.

I sent a pm with more details - I didn't want to totally hijack this thread.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX