Poweramp duplicate tracks

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Well I downloaded poweramp yesterday, and it shows all of my music twice

Anyone knows why?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Make sure you are only scanning the folder that your music is in. Go into settings / folders & library / music folders. I had this problem on my nexus 7 and it was driving mw crazy until I found out it was scanning two of the same folders.

Last edited:

mbalsaritchie

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Make sure you are only scanning the folder that your music is in. Go into settings / folders & library / music folders. I had this problem on my nexus 7 and it was driving mw crazy until I found out it was scanning two of the same folders.
Exactly right. Had this same issue the other day.

Chimera420

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes because of the multiple user structure of 4.2 (which is not even enabled on these phones) everything is duplicated. And unless you tell poweramp otherwise, it will select and scan both identical music folders. Hence you must disable one of them in the folders setting. Preferrably the legacy folder.

Tom Ferrell

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes because of the multiple user structure of 4.2 (which is not even enabled on these phones) everything is duplicated. And unless you tell poweramp otherwise, it will select and scan both identical music folders. Hence you must disable one of them in the folders setting. Preferrably the legacy folder.
I use "youtube song downloader" and save the songs to the download folder on the sd card. Then go to poweramp folders, rescan and it will include them in the library. NOTE: When you are done, remove them from the download folder or it will duplicate them the next time you add music and rescan. I save all my d/l songs to my documents in a folder called "downloaded music"

jacob2017

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
Hello Good day, I use a software called Duplicate Files Deleter, it's very easy to use and after it finds the duplicate files it lets you chose what you want to do with them (copy/delete/move). You can even check network files and you can check multiple paths in the same scan. This helps me a lot. I hope you too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty