Brand new sealed in the box for $250!

ctt1wbw

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking for a Nexus device for Verizon and found this on eBay, sealed in the box. Got lucky and got a 32 gig model for $250!

Can't wait!!Nexus.JPGNexus2.JPG

Blood 'ell! The coffee ain't working, move this to the Galaxy Nexus thread! Dammit! LOL

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've got a GNex in the Unlocked GSM variant. I think you'll love your "Toro," especially if Vzw has solid LTE in your area. That's a great price, BTW. Nice find and congratulations. :)

Don't forget, you can bring it up to 4.2.2 and if you don't get an OTA you can find the ROM here: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Try WugFresh's Nexus Root Toolkit to make your life easier. Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.3 | WugFresh

If Ubuntu Touch ever gets CDMA drivers conquered that would be huge news and would give you another option as well. :D

ctt1wbw

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
LTE for Verizon is solid here. I can get up to about 64 down. In North Cakalaki, no less. I wonder, it's not been open so I wonder what the version of Android it came with?

And yeah, Ubuntu phone is very interesting to me. And I'm kinda new to Android, what options does rooting give me?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
LTE for Verizon is solid here. I can get up to about 64 down. In North Cakalaki, no less. I wonder, it's not been open so I wonder what the version of Android it came with?

And yeah, Ubuntu phone is very interesting to me. And I'm kinda new to Android, what options does rooting give me?

Glad your LTE is solid. :)

It would appear that out-of-the-box you'd run 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich (Galaxy Nexus was the ICS poster child after all), but you have update options of 4.1.1 (initial Jelly Bean) or 4.2.2 (latest [so far] Jelly Bean).

Keep your eye on that UT progress... I've been blogging about it on the Mobile Nations Forum (Beta) and will update again soon. http://forums.mobilenations.com/ubuntu/464-i-wanted-try-ubuntu-touch.html Canonical has not ruled out creating CDMA drivers so Toro could partake of the OS, but they've not announced any progress either. CDMA is notoriously closed tech.

Rooting gives you more control over your phone and its performance if you follow it up with mods. Be sure to unlock your bootloader first thing, if you are at all interested because it will wipe whatever you have on the phone. Better to unlock early, rather than after you have a lot of set up done. WugFresh's Toolkit makes it easy to unlock and root. It also has restore options. It's a very nice toolkit, IMHO, that makes things easy for beginners...

Speaking of beginners, I'm one too. I used Android in the long ago of Cupcake and just was a phone user. I never flashed or modded. Now I'm on an N4 coming from webOS. Looks like you are coming from iOS? Did you jailbreak, etc? Comfortable modding a phone? It's different experience, but helpful, I'm sure?

ctt1wbw

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Glad your LTE is solid. :)

It would appear that out-of-the-box you'd run 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich (Galaxy Nexus was the ICS poster child after all), but you have update options of 4.1.1 (initial Jelly Bean) or 4.2.2 (latest [so far] Jelly Bean).

Keep your eye on that UT progress... I've been blogging about it on the Mobile Nations Forum (Beta) and will update again soon. http://forums.mobilenations.com/ubuntu/464-i-wanted-try-ubuntu-touch.html Canonical has not ruled out creating CDMA drivers so Toro could partake of the OS, but they've not announced any progress either. CDMA is notoriously closed tech.

Rooting gives you more control over your phone and its performance if you follow it up with mods. Be sure to unlock your bootloader first thing, if you are at all interested because it will wipe whatever you have on the phone. Better to unlock early, rather than after you have a lot of set up done. WugFresh's Toolkit makes it easy to unlock and root. It also has restore options. It's a very nice toolkit, IMHO, that makes things easy for beginners...

Speaking of beginners, I'm one too. I used Android in the long ago of Cupcake and just was a phone user. I never flashed or modded. Now I'm on an N4 coming from webOS. Looks like you are coming from iOS? Did you jailbreak, etc? Comfortable modding a phone? It's different experience, but helpful, I'm sure?

No, I'm not coming FROM iOS, I'm a big gadget head. I currently have a MacBook Pro dual booting Win 7 Ultimate and a desktop with a fresh clean install of Linux Mint on there. So I use a bit of everything, including my new Nexus 7.

I had at one time jailbroke my iPhone 5 but not anymore. Sometimes you can get too carried away doing stupid crap so I gave it up. And I downloaded that program so I might give it a try. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong Nexus forum.

I know, I hope the mods move it soon...