Normal battery life?

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm still having trouble keeping my nexus going comfortably a whole day with use without its battery being almost dead. I'm doing every trick in the book it seems, but it's making me start to miss my iPhone 5s battery life :( is this normal? :

I notice my screen is taking like 46 percent of battery. I'm currently at 11 hours 42min. With 9 percent battery left. What should phone idle power usage look like?

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm still having trouble keeping my nexus going comfortably a whole day with use without its battery being almost dead. I'm doing every trick in the book it seems, but it's making me start to miss my iPhone 5s battery life :( is this normal? :

I notice my screen is taking like 46 percent of battery. I'm currently at 11 hours 42min. With 9 percent battery left. What should phone idle power usage look like?
To fix it you could flash Francos kernel, Ive gotten 6 hours on screen time with web browsing texting calling, Google plussing, skyping and other stuff.

Also mobile data is always off for me as is blue tooth along with GPS( but I never use that stuff anyways)

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Check your batterystats and see if you notice any apps using unusually high battery. Also, download wakelock detector, it will tell you what apps are keeping your phone awake or triggering your phone to awake.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
What is most important is your screen time. Most people probably average about 3 hours, though some only get 2.5 and others get 5. If you're streaming videos and playing games (the 2 biggest battery hogs) for 2 or 3 hours a day, you wont have much juice left for anything else. You could also have a POS app on your phone that's eating up your juice in the background. Do what Rizy7 suggested and get a wakelock detector and a better battery monitor (I think that GSam Battery Monitor does both and it's free) to get a better look at what's going on.