Help: Can't backup phone

mccraig416

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,

tl;dr - I dropped phone, cracked screen, and touch screen is now unresponsive. Sending in to get fixed / repaired, but phone will be wiped. Want to backup all my photos on the phone, but when connecting phone to computer to backup photos, I get "Can't Access Device Storage: If your device's screen is locked, disconnect its USB cable, unlock your screen, and then reconnect the USB cable."

The phone screen is locked, but b/c the touch screen is unresponsive now, I can't unlock it, thus I can't access the device storage. Am I essentially pooched here? Phone is not rooted.

rayzaname

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, you may not be able to retrieve those files as this is a security feature of the phone. I suggest enabling Instant Upload via Google+ for any new photos after the phone is repaired.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
There was a similar thread in here a week or so ago. If you can't unlock your screen, your screwed. In the future, If you've got important things on your phone, you need to back it up regularly. Pictures are a no brainer, just have them auto update to Google+/DropBox/etc...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy