Battery standby times

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
There's a plethora of battery threads, I know, but I'm wondering what people here are getting strictly in standby time.

If I charge to full and unplug my phone right before bed, I lose 10-15% throughout a 7-9 hour span, which seems a bit excessive for the phone being connected via WiFi and unused.

How're others faring?

rayzaname

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I actually don't consider that too bad, considering the cell radio is still on and your apps/accounts are updating in the background. If you don't care about getting e-mail or other app notifications, turn off background data and auto syncing and you'll notice even less battery drain.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
'ppreciate the replies.

I'm not too obsessed with battery life and all, and I don't like limiting the phone and inconveniencing myself just to pull an extra hour or two off the battery.

That said, maybe I'll give Juice Defender a try specifically to have it manage that time while I'm sleeping.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
If I just turn off the screen, I'll lose 1 to 1.75% per hour overnight. Of I go into airplane mode, probably only lose 2 or 3% total.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Just took this screen shot of my Nexus 4, it's only an hour and fifteen of on screen time but I think the phone is capable of great standby battery life.

gaturu3e.jpg

uturuter.jpg

60% of the time it works every time!
*T-Mobile HSPA+42 Nexus 4*

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
There's a plethora of battery threads, I know, but I'm wondering what people here are getting strictly in standby time.

If I charge to full and unplug my phone right before bed, I lose 10-15% throughout a 7-9 hour span, which seems a bit excessive for the phone being connected via WiFi and unused.

How're others faring?
For the night I lose 3-5% witn no apps running.

- - - Updated - - -

Just took this screen shot of my Nexus 4, it's only an hour and fifteen of on screen time but I think the phone is capable of great standby battery life.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/09/gaturu3e.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/09/uturuter.jpg

Wow impressive.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I use greenpower premium to manage things on my phone.

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I dont' sweat the small stuff too much. I forgot to plug in my phone in overnight last night and it dropped 8% overnight. I could probably reduce that to 5% if I really wanted to, but I don't think 3-5% over 8 hours is worth the effort and dealing with the battery managment apps that just turn things on and off.