Should I buy an N4 today, or wait?

I3ig Al

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I have finally saved enough pennies to replace my old Optimus and am all psyched to go pick up a Nexus 4 from the local T Mobile shop after work today. the S4 is out of my price range, don't bother telling me its better.

My ONLY concern is that in the next month or so, the Nexus 4 will either drop in price, or have a 32gb option made available. if neither of those are likely, I am happy to have the Nexus as is (seriously im still running gingerbread CM7).

Should I go for it, or wait a bit longer?

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I'd wait until after I/O is officially over just to make sure no LTE, 32GB, or white model shows up then I'd buy one. The last day is tomorrow.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. If you're coming from an Optimus, any new flagship phone will feel like a serious upgrade. Don't sweat the possibility of a price drop, or more memory.

I3ig Al

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies :D I called my local store and they only have two units in stock so im going to pick one up on the way home and wait til tomorrow to unbox it. If anything comes up, I can return it, and if not, I have a weekend hacking project!

blazer236ix

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
white-nexus-4-630.jpg

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Well there ya go. The white Nexus 4 is just that, a white Nexus 4. No difference in hardware, and the original black Nexus 4 will get the exact same software update (Android 4.3).

Hiberny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I thought I should add something of value :). I'm starting to think we won't see an LTE Nexus 4 or a 32 GB. I'm guessing a Nexus 5 is coming in the fall, so it would seem safe to get the Nexus 4 now.

I3ig Al

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Well theres a big picture gallery on Engadget now about the white nexus and I gotta say it sure looks dumb with the white back and black front.

LG Nexus 4 shows up in white at Google I/O (hands-on)

More on topic, I stopped by the T Mobile store last night and was severely disappointed. They had the nexus in stock, but would not sell it to me without activating a new service plan immediately, and the plan I want (30$ unlim) is an online activated exclusive, so they wouldn't sell it to me. I ordered from Play as soon as I got home but I missed the shipping window and it will be arriving on Monday :( I also had to pay 10$ for a stupid micro SIM, what a ripoff lol.

TauSigmaNova

Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto!
Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Well theres a big picture gallery on Engadget now about the white nexus and I gotta say it sure looks dumb with the white back and black front.

LG Nexus 4 shows up in white at Google I/O (hands-on)

More on topic, I stopped by the T Mobile store last night and was severely disappointed. They had the nexus in stock, but would not sell it to me without activating a new service plan immediately, and the plan I want (30$ unlim) is an online activated exclusive, so they wouldn't sell it to me. I ordered from Play as soon as I got home but I missed the shipping window and it will be arriving on Monday :( I also had to pay 10$ for a stupid micro SIM, what a ripoff lol.

I also came from an Optimus V on VM and purchased an N4 from Play and then put it on TMobile's 30/month plan. TRUST ME IS IT WORTH IT. It feels amazing and I still never forget how wonderful it is. Just remember it's not the same indestructible brick that the V is and does get damaged from falls. Once you go to a 4.7 inch great like an N4, you NEVER go back

I3ig Al

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I also came from an Optimus V on VM and purchased an N4 from Play and then put it on TMobile's 30/month plan. TRUST ME IS IT WORTH IT. It feels amazing and I still never forget how wonderful it is. Just remember it's not the same indestructible brick that the V is and does get damaged from falls. Once you go to a 4.7 inch great like an N4, you NEVER go back

That is my main concern, I am absolutely terrified I will drop the nexus and have it break. After dropping my Optimus a couple times and then putting a full hard case on it, I developed a bad habit of not really caring if I dropped it because I knew it wouldn't matter. I have thought about a case for the nexus but not really sure what I should go with, if anything. It seems to me that a glass backed phone is going to break if you drop it from five feet, case or not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2