Nexus 4 supports LTE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Calling another member a troll is considered trolling. If you don't care for a thread, just move on. If you believe a post is inappropriate, feel free to hit the report button.

Sent from my Nexus 4

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
LG has told us point blank it does not have a signal amplifier or filter, and would be unable to receive a signal of the quality that carriers require.
According to that XDA link, people are using it and it is providing fast speeds in certain circumstances. So apparently, it does work. Antennae or no Antennae.

Even if it is not a perfect solution I'd rather have access to it than not.

Last edited:

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
According to that CDA link, people are using it and it is providing fast speeds in certain circumstances. So apparently, it does work. Antennae or no Antennae.

Even if it is not a perfect solution I'd rather have access to it than not.

It does work, but it doesn't work well. It also doesn't provide a stable experience which is why T-Mobile will never officially support it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

LeDroitGTIGuy

Banned
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Calling another member a troll is considered trolling. If you don't care for a thread, just move on. If you believe a post is inappropriate, feel free to hit the report button.

Sent from my Nexus 4

It's a proven fact that band 4 LTE works perfectly fine on our phones. To continue to insist otherwise is one of two things, neither of which are acceptable for me to say about another poster. Fine. But direct your white-knighting at the guy still calling the Earth flat, even as folks show him proof it's round.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
It's a proven fact that band 4 LTE works perfectly fine on our phones. To continue to insist otherwise is one of two things, neither of which are acceptable for me to say about another poster. Fine. But direct your white-knighting at the guy still calling the Earth flat, even as folks show him proof it's round.

No, it's been proven that LTE does not work perfectly. That's why threads like this exist, because everyone has a dramatically different experience.

But regardless, what we can all agree on is arguing with a moderator is a very wise decision. /sarcasm

And lastly, LTE will not be officially supported because it's illegal. No Nexus 4 LTE system has ever passed through the FCC. Google and LG are well aware of that and the device was intentionally not certified as an LTE device.

In conclusion, the Nexus 4 is simply not an LTE device. It is missing an amplifier, which is the only thing that has been proven. Yes, the N4 can pick up LTE singles in SOME circumstances, however, the experience will vary drastically and the device will not function as a standard LTE-enabled device is intended to.

If LTE works for you, great, enjoy it and move on. If LTE is a must have, don't purchase a Nexus 4, end of story.

LeDroitGTIGuy

Banned
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
"Arguing with a moderator"? Are you even being serious? Do you really take yourself this seriously? This is my second Nexus 4 (I sat on the first). Both have worked stellar on T-Mobile's band 4 LTE network in the D.C. metro area. That's real experience and it's absolutely germane to the subject begun with the original post. Meanwhile, Flat-Earth over there is insisting there's no LTE functionality in the N4. You and I both know that's simply not true. So how exactly is my post less constructive in this thread than that guy's? Do what you must according to the international forum moderation protocol of 1973, or whatever it is that's made you so important. I'mma keep using my N4 on the local LTE network and enjoying everything the phone can do. And telling people about my experience doing so when they ask.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It does work, but it doesn't work well. It also doesn't provide a stable experience which is why T-Mobile will never officially support it.

Maybe not for u but for the others on this thread who showed screenshots for gods sake it does smh lol.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
No, it's been proven that LTE does not work perfectly. That's why threads like this exist, because everyone has a dramatically different experience.

But regardless, what we can all agree on is arguing with a moderator is a very wise decision. /sarcasm

And lastly, LTE will not be officially supported because it's illegal. No Nexus 4 LTE system has ever passed through the FCC. Google and LG are well aware of that and the device was intentionally not certified as an LTE device.

In conclusion, the Nexus 4 is simply not an LTE device. It is missing an amplifier, which is the only thing that has been proven. Yes, the N4 can pick up LTE singles in SOME circumstances, however, the experience will vary drastically and the device will not function as a standard LTE-enabled device is intended to.

If LTE works for you, great, enjoy it and move on. If LTE is a must have, don't purchase a Nexus 4, end of story.

Smgdh on telling people what to buy or not.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
"Arguing with a moderator"? Are you even being serious? Do you really take yourself this seriously? This is my second Nexus 4 (I sat on the first). Both have worked stellar on T-Mobile's band 4 LTE network in the D.C. metro area. That's real experience and it's absolutely germane to the subject begun with the original post. Meanwhile, Flat-Earth over there is insisting there's no LTE functionality in the N4. You and I both know that's simply not true. So how exactly is my post less constructive in this thread than that guy's? Do what you must according to the international forum moderation protocol of 1973, or whatever it is that's made you so important. I'mma keep using my N4 on the local LTE network and enjoying everything the phone can do. And telling people about my experience doing so when they ask.

Which is nothin wrong with btw. I see exactly where u are coming from bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance