Best battery saver app

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Turn your screen brightness down. Turn of wifi/bluetooth/etc when not being used. Keep an eye on wakelocks.
That'll get you farther than any app will.

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Turn your screen brightness down. Turn of wifi/bluetooth/etc when not being used. Keep an eye on wakelocks.
That'll get you farther than any app will.

What about a battery indicator showing the numbers? Stock just shows the bar.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I tried 2-3. Which one is the best?

Juice Defender really does help. I've tested it many times on and off. Gives you a good 20% more on average.

I just use the basic default settings.

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Does the battery level show numbers instead of the bar on the top right? How do I change it?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
if you are rooted use greenify. best battery saver ever.
my friend was getting about 6 hrs total on his phone. asked him to use greenify and now he gets more than 1 and half days standby

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Usually don't use them. Now I use snapdragon battery guru. Its made by the people who made the snapdragon processor in your phone.its great after the observation dates you get real performance its handy eg does your settings by location

Posted via Android Central App

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't like any of them. I do the same things these apps do, but manually with control over every aspect. I also find that disabling one feature doesn't always mean you get the battery benefit intended if something works with that service and hits a wall, and maybe repeating processes to try to work. I like to leave most things running as the Android designers have intended and have had great results. I think alot of old school users are just used to earlier iterations of Android and by default do not trust most of what they assume are battery hog processes. It's probably the case in many instances that it helps that I came late to the android world and have only experienced ice cream sandwich and newer. :)

What I have found to be the best battery app is actually an app called Fast Reboot. It basically clears all apps from memory and restarts them. This can be a benefit if you have an app that runs amok and cycles on some error eating your battery up. I find this very common with poorly written games and such since my kids take over my phone all the time. lol

peejay1977

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Don't use battery savers, WiFi always on but I have most apps set to only sync or refresh at intervals above 4 hours. I get about 16 hours out of the phone with moderate use.

Juice defender turns things off that I need to be working even on the default settings but 16 hours is plenty in this day and age.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance