Nexus 4 won't fully charge anymore

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I normally charge my Nexus 4 overnight on a wireless qi charger and it was working fine for awhile now but recently my phone stops anywhere from 50% to 80% and is extremely warm. Its never this warm with previous charges.

I don't use the wall charge anymore because it was defective and just wouldn't charge my phone at all after using it for a month so I switched to a qi charger.

Could this be the phones battery? The wireless charger? Its the Zens(if I remember correctly) wireless charger.

Thanks for your help!

Sent from my Nexus 4 via Android Central App

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Was it the actual wall charger that was defective or the charging port on your device? If it was just the wall charger I would recommend you trying another one. You can buy them for next to nothing and see if it allows for a full charge. If you try that and it doesn't fully charge, you should back up everything you can and wipe the device.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Definitely try a different wall charger and cable. The cable that came with my Nexus got wonky last month but since I switched to a different one I had lying around I've had no problems. If you're still not getting a full charge, then consider contacting Google and asking for an RMA (especially if the phone is getting warm and not fully charging).

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies! I will try another charger when I get home from work. I tried my car charger for my drive and it charges pretty fast and works fine. Thinking it might be the wireless charger.

Also my phone today just randomly turned off while it was in my pocket. Its started happening recently, my Nexus will just black screen for a little bit and come back on or have to fully boot up.

Sent from my Nexus 4 via Android Central App

Kaitlin O

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I've been having the same problem with my Samsung Nexus 4 as well, it charges for a couple minutes, then stops for a couple, and when I turn it on it's like it hasn't even charged at all. I started having this problem a week ago, any suggestions on how to fix it?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I've been having the same problem with my Samsung Nexus 4 as well, it charges for a couple minutes, then stops for a couple, and when I turn it on it's like it hasn't even charged at all. I started having this problem a week ago, any suggestions on how to fix it?
Samsung? Nexus 4 is an LG... anyway, did you try a different charger?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro