RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
@beckamartin14

Check the threads in this forum... JeffDenver is saying this everywhere so don't confuse his 427 posts he's made about this topic (his sum total) as 426 people agreeing with him. :p

While it is true that 16GB of storage is all the device will have, many users find that more than sufficient. Ditto the non removable battery and the 8MP camera.

If you want to take the entire content of your computer's hard drive with you, are a power user who must drain battery as fast as you can no matter what, and want a SLR level camera in your phone than Nexus 4 might not be for you.

As a smartphone I find it FANTASTIC. Lots of CPU power and RAM. The Pure Google ROM is great. As a Nexus it is more easily modified than many another Android phone.

Possibly the biggest drawback I've seen with this phone in the 7 weeks I've had it is that I can't stop fiddling with it...

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
The biggest fault is selling it to people that shouldn't have it. It is good developer phone, as it has vanilla Android, and a good phone for those that prefer to hack and customize it they way they want it. No bells and whistles here. Just smooth and fast. Not intended to replace your camera, mp3 player, or portable gaming device. And definitely not for sharing your vacation videos. It does have a glass backing, so you have to be really careful with it. My only real complaint is the speaker quality is sub par, but still tolerable.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Add lack of LTE* to the above. None of these are faults as far as I'm concerned by the way, as that would imply they're negatives for every user. I don't give a squat about the fixed memory and battery or lack of LTE, but you might.

*Except in very specific circumstances that requires a hack and even then it's technically unsupported with no guarantee of success.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Nexus 4 will do LTE on band 4. In the US only T-Mobile supports that though, and not officially.

While the Nexus 4 does include an LTE chip, it is effectively disabled in software. About this matter, Google representatives said it omitted LTE technology in order to reduce size, cost, and power consumption, as well as to see how network technology evolved in the near future. On November 23, 2012, it was confirmed that, through modifying device settings, it was possible for the device to use LTE Band 4 (AWS).

Nexus 4 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Nexus 4 will do LTE on band 4. In the US only T-Mobile supports that though, and not officially.

Which is illegal in the USA since the FCC has not type accepted it to be used on LTE bands in the USA. So lets not get started on the LTE side of things, "officially" it does NOT do LTE. and lets leave it at that..

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Which is illegal in the USA since the FCC has not type accepted it to be used on LTE bands in the USA. So lets not get started on the LTE side of things, "officially" it does NOT do LTE. and lets leave it at that..
I won't tell if you won't.

The FCC can kiss my ***. No one is losing anything by me using LTE. T-Mobile is still getting paid.

AaronM1

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
They disabled the LTE function in Android 4.2.2 which means if you upgrade you can't use LTE (which as it is unsupported is unreliable), and if you can't get the updates from Google what's the point in owning a Nexus phone?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I can't find any faults with this phone. The screen is perfect, the storage is fine for me, the battery lasts more than a day and I use it a lot and I can actually hear it ring unlike when I would use my iPhone.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The only disadvantages (there are no faults) which are only disadvantages for some people are:
Small amount of storage (16GB max, no SD)
no official LTE

Battery isn't terrible but is still pretty good, and same goes for the camera:
photo.jpg

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
They disabled the LTE function in Android 4.2.2 which means if you upgrade you can't use LTE (which as it is unsupported is unreliable), and if you can't get the updates from Google what's the point in owning a Nexus phone?
It is not CURRENTLY supported. That does not mean it will be unsupported in the future. It only requires a software fix to function. It is entirely possible Google/T-mobile could allow this in the future.

Even if it does not, not everyone cares about LTE anyway. Coming from Verizon 2 weeks ago, I can tell you I am completely indifferent to it...I have not noticed it at all. I have noticed coverage far more than throughput. The speeds feel the same to me. Unless you are doing large file transfers over the network, you will not notice the difference at all IMO.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Lots of people have used LTE on 4.2.2...

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci