T mobile charge for Micro- Sim Card.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Optus here was $2 but the guys are always, they actually say this "F*** It, i'll get you one for free" none of the replacements worked so I ended up cutting it. Guess it comes down to the person in the store, most part they are ladsy. Not to be sexist but every girl I've been served by tries to charge the fee, but really its $2 its nothing so that doesn't matter. Maybe the guys just get distracted by a nexus and doesn't even bother with it. Who knows.

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I went into a corporate T-Mobile store asking to buy an unactivated SIM. The senior sales rep...yes senior...told me that he can't sell it to me unactviated and that I have to buy a new phone to activate. What a moron - I went to talk to ask another rep and he said yes they could do it. The senior then told me okay $25 for it. I told him it's only $10 online and their 611 support even said it was free in many stores. He said he can't do that and if I buy some accessories he could waive it. What a jerk off. Trying to upsell me for a $0.01 piece of plastic. I walked out.

Could anyone verify that this micro SIM from Amazon would work with the N4 on the Simple Choice plan?
Amazon.com: TMobile 4G Micro Sim Card MicroSim for iPhone 4 Unactivated T-MOBILE SIM CUT: Cell Phones & Accessories

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile's representatives are wildly inconsistent; in-store, online, or on the phone. There's really no way to tell who has the right answer unless you already know yourself. I love the plans, and the coverage is fine where I live, but I dread the occasions when I need to ask customer service for anything.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The only time I got a sim card included was with my Nexus 7. That is because even though the Nexus 7 is unlocked, you still choose the carrier (just like an iPad) so that when you get the device, you can activate it with the carrier as soon as you get it.

They could easily do that with the Nexus 4 but they don't.

olgeezer44

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I had to pay for the 2gb add on $10/mo., CA sales tax, and $11.99 overnight shipping. Just got my snail mail bill today and no sim card charges. FWIW. I'm surprised that the prices and policies are not consistent in their corporate stores though.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't charged anything at the at&t store for my SIM. I just asked the rep for one and he went to the back and got one, activated it, and sent me on my way. One of the best experiences I have ever had at a phone store.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

jonathan2677

May 8, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile's representatives are wildly inconsistent; in-store, online, or on the phone. There's really no way to tell who has the right answer unless you already know yourself. I love the plans, and the coverage is fine where I live, but I dread the occasions when I need to ask customer service for anything.

I so agree if it wasn't for the price and cell service is run,man you can talk to 2 online,2 on the phone and 2 in the store and you'll get 6 complete diff stories it happens every time

sent from the smartphone of 2013 HTC ONE...

CoolBeit

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else that runs into this "problem" - check ebay for t mobile sims. Usually you can find them for even cheaper than the $10 t-mo charges for them online. To the OP - if you are a postpaid customer, I'm surprised the guy in the store tried to charge you for a sim card. That's pretty crappy. Even if you're prepaid, I'm surprised he didn't just stick it in a sim cutter for you. That's bad customer service.

Leon Stevens

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I am already on the prepaid $30/month 100 voice/unl. data "Walmart" plans. But I currently have an Iphone with a standard sim. If I order one of these starter sim kits from tmobile with a micro sim for my Nexus 4, and then bring it to a tmobile store, will they then transfer my number to the micro sim at no cost?

Free sims (normal and mirco) with promo code: 99SIM
SIM Card details from T-Mobile

CoolBeit

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I am already on the prepaid $30/month 100 voice/unl. data "Walmart" plans. But I currently have an Iphone with a standard sim. If I order one of these starter sim kits from tmobile with a micro sim for my Nexus 4, and then bring it to a tmobile store, will they then transfer my number to the micro sim at no cost?

Yes, but you have to choose that option during activation.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Leon Stevens

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
After I receive the new micro SIM from TMO in the mail, do I NEED to go to a TMO store to get the number moved over from my old standard size SIM to the micro SIM, or can I call TMO to do it?

Yes, but you have to choose that option during activation.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
After I receive the new micro SIM from TMO in the mail, do I NEED to go to a TMO store to get the number moved over from my old standard size SIM to the micro SIM, or can I call TMO to do it?

You can try it online (or call). Just gave my nexus4 to my son who had his galaxy nexus on T-Mobile $30./100 talk plan. Instead of sending my card cutter, I'd purchased the micro sim when they we're $1. Unfortunately, he hit a snag but went to online chat and had it working almost immediately. He's getting 25dl/5ul--same as his cable internet.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk