Hi,
    My nexus 4 fell to the floor and cracked in the bottom corner, this stopped me pressing "done" on the passcode section so I seen a guide online that I could do a factory reset. I completed this and all was fine, the corner is still un usable but I can simply turn my phone so the screen flips to press enter.
    The problem is, when the phone starts up the " get to know your phone " screen come on. This screen in not able to flip so I'm unable to click "done".

I am able to access the setting from the drop down menu, so is there anyway I can turn off the the section I am stuck on ? ... I.e just go straight to the main screen of the phone.

I have tried turning the icons to large, and that don't make the "done" big enough to press.

Hope this makes sence and some one can help me fix this.

Dale
    05-23-2013 04:42 PM
    Hi,
    My nexus 4 fell to the floor and cracked in the bottom corner, this stopped me pressing "done" on the passcode section so I seen a guide online that I could do a factory reset. I completed this and all was fine, the corner is still un usable but I can simply turn my phone so the screen flips to press enter.
    The problem is, when the phone starts up the " get to know your phone " screen come on. This screen in not able to flip so I'm unable to click "done".

I am able to access the setting from the drop down menu, so is there anyway I can turn off the the section I am stuck on ? ... I.e just go straight to the main screen of the phone.

I have tried turning the icons to large, and that don't make the "done" big enough to press.

Hope this makes sence and some one can help me fix this.

Dale
    Sorry but you are gonna have to either buy a new one or get it fixed.
    05-23-2013 05:12 PM
    If your talking about the initial setup screens after a reset, you can bypass them by pressing (after it does it's initial boot up) the top left, top right, bottom right, then bottom left corners of the screen (in that order) and will go past the setup screens. Then you go into settings and add your Google account.
    05-23-2013 06:57 PM
    Most people when they crack it have to replace the whole screen its a shame I know.
    My misses claims the phone is tough, she doesn't use a case anymore and she drops her stuff all the time (I thought she would be more careful with her nexus but I spotted a chipped corner) and all the time I mean I wouldn't be surprised if her fingers were greased with butter. I guess you're unlucky bud.
    05-23-2013 08:26 PM
    Hi,
    Have you solved your thing?
    I am having pretty much the same problem: The lower right corner isnt working, and it had powered off due to battery stuff. Now I can not put it on, because it asks me the pin code to decrypt it, and the DONE tab is out of my range. Where have you seen a tutorial to make it rotate? Should I be able to do it as well?
    Thanks a lot...
    07-08-2013 11:26 PM
    Retract my comment. My girlfriend just did the same
    07-22-2013 01:49 AM