Bad customer Support

dorblayzer

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I've recently contacted Google play support , for some issues with my charger, after i explained to them all of the issues , this was the answer they gave me:

Code:
Thank you for contacting us here at Google Play Support. I see that you're writing in today because you're charger is making a humming sound when you plug it into your device. Let's get this taken care of for you today, alright.

Okay so I have a couple of options for you. You can either purchase a new charger from a 3rd party store such as T Mobile or you can send back your whole device back for a warranty replacement. The decision is entirely up to you.

If you have any further questions or concerns please don't hesitate to let me know.

Best Regards,

Breann
The Google Play Support Team

What Do You Think i can do, And is anyone else Experienced that?

Cheers.

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
not sure what is bad about the response.
they have given you 2 options. did you expect them to send you a replacement out before they received yours?

ps, i don't think they expect you to return your phone as well, i think it is just worded badly.

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I am pretty sure they Do expect you to ship the phone and charger back to get a replacement. They will not just send out a charger as they don't stock them that way. I don't think it is poor customer service, it is just the way it works. Not just for the N4 BTW, many companies would make yuou do the same if they were to replace a component on warranty. I guess in this case it is up to you what you wish to do.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
the humming sound is on the charger and i dont think it is a big problem. at least not for a replacement.
I doent bother me at all and it has no side effect so far.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Is this a wireless charger? Or just a usb charger? If it's just a usb charger just try a different one to see if it still does it. If it doesn't then just buy a new one. They cost $3 on ebay or Amazon. Or go to a gas station and splurge by spending $10.

Sent from my Nexus 4

dorblayzer

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for all of your responses,
Long Story Short, i Live in israel , and my cousine sent my the phone from the us, so sending the device and recive a replacement will probably wont happen.
i really dont have any problem to buy a new charger from ebay. i'm just disappointed from the answer they gave me.

i've really expected that a big company like google should replace the carger , even more when the humming problem is a common one.

Any way, not the best experience, but well.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
It's only because they would need to prove that the charger was defective before sending you a new one. The fact that you are in Israel is a complication on your end, not really on theirs.

I hope you work it out :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 4

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Google are giving you the option for an RMA. They would send out a new device with obviously a new charger with instructions on how to return your existing device and charger. To make sure this system isn't abused they place a hold on your card until they receive the device that needed to be replaced. Don't know exactly why they need to take the whole device back if there is a problem with the charger but it is probably something to do with completeness.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for all of your responses,
Long Story Short, i Live in israel , and my cousine sent my the phone from the us, so sending the device and recive a replacement will probably wont happen.
i really dont have any problem to buy a new charger from ebay. i'm just disappointed from the answer they gave me.

i've really expected that a big company like google should replace the carger , even more when the humming problem is a common one.

Any way, not the best experience, but well.

the question is "Is it really worth it to send the phone to RMA just to get the charger fixed?" especially when you in Israel.
also the charger don't have any side effect ecept it has the humming sound.

I live in US and could replace my charger for free but i think its not worth it. it works with no problem so why even bother

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't expect Google to send you a new charger just in your day so. They did offer to do a warranty replacement, which is fine by me.

Btw , if you are in the states, the are deals on chargers from time to time free ar. Recently , I got a genuine apple 2a charger for my new ipad for free ar.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret