How to show battery percentage?

cuek80

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Gsam battery monitor Can show battery percentage on notification bar. If buy the pro version, you can set overlay notification over your current battery icon.
Look it up on Google play.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Gsam battery monitor Can show battery percentage on notification bar. If buy the pro version, you can set overlay notification over your current battery icon.
Look it up on Google play.

As far as I can tell, it's actually the icon pack (rather than the pro version) that enables this feature?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm.iconpack1&token=l03cHmRE

Can you post a screenshot of how you have it set up? The comments are a little unclear about how well this works...

cuek80

May 17, 2013
Visit site
As far as I can tell, it's actually the icon pack (rather than the pro version) that enables this feature?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm.iconpack1&token=ogK-_81u

Can you post a screenshot of how you have it set up? The comments are a little unclear about how well this works...

You are right, icon pack is the one u need, because standard theme doesnt supported overlay.
How to do it:
1. Go to setting and change your "battery icon theme" to one of the icon pack provided.
2. Tick the "overlay standard battery icon" option.
3. tap "configure overlay icon" to adjust icon's position, width, height, font size, etc. Adjust it so the icon overlay the original battery icon.

So basically the original one is hidden behind the gsam's icon.

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
You are right, icon pack is the one u need, because standard theme doesnt supported overlay.
How to do it:
1. Go to setting and change your "battery icon theme" to one of the icon pack provided.
2. Tick the "overlay standard battery icon" option.
3. tap "configure overlay icon" to adjust icon's position, width, height, font size, etc. Adjust it so the icon overlay the original battery icon.

So basically the original one is hidden behind the gsam's icon.

So you are saying that all I need to do is download the icon pack only, and not the battery app?

Sent from my Nexus 4 on the Solavei network.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
So you are saying that all I need to do is download the icon pack only, and not the battery app?

Sent from my Nexus 4 on the Solavei network.

No you need to the battery app of course but you don't need the paid version, just the free version (plus the icon pack).

[edit]: BTW, this free app does the same thing:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....ddo.shigadroid.batterychanger&token=y-Esmz49

That being said, the whole concept of "overlaying" the existing icon just seems to be flaky and I think if you really care about this, you will need to use a rom instead (not sufficient motivation for me, frankly).

cuek80

May 17, 2013
Visit site
That being said, the whole concept of "overlaying" the existing icon just seems to be flaky and I think if you really care about this, you will need to use a rom instead (not sufficient motivation for me, frankly).

I agree.
To OP: But do try, especially if you can try using free app. I end up uninstalling all customization app, prefer RAM over them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech