All notifications and ringtones broken

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My phone was acting up last night, eating battery and running warm, so I rebooted to recovery, wiped the cache and Dalvik, and then let it charge. Today, while using it, I noticed my Nexus 7 making the incoming email alert, but the Nexus 4 was silent.

After checking that all the volumes were cranked up, I started investigating my tone settings and discovered they were all borked with "unknown ringtone" or a 3-digit code like "532". When I go to select the tone, it wants me to choose from Android System Sounds, ES Explorer or Handcent SMS. Most of the sounds I was using aren't showing in the Android sounds list and if I use ES there is no preview to see what the file sounds like.

I've never had this happen to any of my phones before and rebooting hasn't helped. What to do to fix this and what caused it in the first place? What a bother. TIA.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Weird. I'd try doing a factory reset and/or reflashing the stock image. Sounds like something got messed up in your recovery efforts.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Rather than nuking the phone and reloading/reconfiguring over 170 apps, I just went and redid my ringtones. For some reason, the additional ones became available in the Android Media picker, so it worked out. Weird glitch.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae