no data on nexus 4! please, any help is appreciated.

billysdefect

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
on straight talk/at&t service. bought nexus 4 to replace galaxy 2. took standard sim out of galaxy, cut it to fit micro sim in nexus 4. phone turned on and i can call/text/wifi, but i have yet to be able to use 3g/HSPA. i'm in a good area for it, as it worked for me before and works on wife's phone.

so far i've tried:
about 7 trustworthy APN settings and powering phone off and on after each new APN
turn wifi off/on
factory restore
offline sim apn app
tweakker app (both of those apps are supposed to auto input the right apn settings)
(in the *#*#4636#*#* hidden menu, i've tried the following:)
turn radio off and on
switch from WCDMA preferred to WCDMA only, and then switching back
i've tried to switch to a different radio band, but every time it crashes that menu

any suggestions? straight talk doesn't sell micro sims anymore, so i'd have to buy a new one off amazon for $60 (price gouging at it's finest). i've been told from a few people that if the phone calls and receives texts, then the sim card shouldn't be the problem.
at wits end. any help would be awesome!

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Name: Straight Talk
APN: att.mvno
Proxy: not set
Port: not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33
MMS Port: 80

them not selling the sim should tell you they do not wnat your business. net10 does want your business and it has att sims in several sizes even on walmart.com for 10-15$. that apn will work unless they have already cut your data off

billysdefect

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
i've typed in those exact settings 2 or 3 times. i memorized that proxy address. i agree with them not caring much about my business, but i pay $45 a month. $90 for 2 phones, actually. my verizon bill used to be $180 a month, after an intel discount. i might switch to a different prepaid company though. i'm going to visit straight talk tomorrow and see what that guy has to say.
they haven't cut my data off... i don't think. they would have told me when i was on the phone with them earlier. i pay for it, and i don't go over limits because i just don't use it that much, ever.
thanks for the help.
any other suggestions?

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
About the only thing you didn't list trying was using the default APN settings, but I don't really see how that would work in this case. Do you have another phone you can test the SIM in?

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
i've typed in those exact settings 2 or 3 times. i memorized that proxy address. i agree with them not caring much about my business, but i pay $45 a month. $90 for 2 phones, actually. my verizon bill used to be $180 a month, after an intel discount. i might switch to a different prepaid company though.
Have you tried T-Mobile? I do not know if they can match what you are paying now, but they are significantly cheaper than verizon and have great customer service from what I have seen so far (certainly better than Verizon). They are pre-paid friendly.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I concur that if you have voice and SMS it is not the SIM.

It may sound simple, but you did not mention... Settings > More > Mobile Networks > Data Enabled + Data Roaming are definitely set for use???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol