Just got a N4. Love the Phone. Hate TMo and ATT

roadrat

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Have Verizon. Love the service, hate the phone (Galaxy Nexus).

after two weeks of "testing" TMo and ATT, I made a decision to stay with Verizon despite the less-than-stellar phone options and terrible software updates

roadrat

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Tmobile the problem was dropped (business) calls

Att is lack of service (voice and data) in some areas (I'm in Annapolis currently) particularly in buildings... But even outside in one area yesterday

illiniah

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
If you live in a remote area like Annapolis your options are limited, here in the DC area the T-Mobile coverage is excellent

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

olgeezer44

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I can relate to those with poor coverage. We live right at the edge of mountains on 3 sides and no company has good coverage in all surrounding areas. I have 5 bars with AT&T at our house and also with t_mobile. 60 miles east where other family members live, Verizon is the only coverage. We did have prepaids with at&t and also Verizon just because of the coverage. There's no panacea, IMO.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
The boon and curse of Verizon: great coverage, locked-in network. Until they stop mucking with every phone not made by Apple, I doubt you'll see another pure Google phone on their network again.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Annapolis is not remote. Except maybe to T-Mobile and AT&T. Not to Verizon.

If you live in a remote area like Annapolis your options are limited, here in the DC area the T-Mobile coverage is excellent

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

baileycmatt

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile coverage is excellent...if you're outside. In buildings it's pretty bad - I'm sitting at my desk right now in downtown Washington DC with no service on my T-Mobile N4 and full bars on my Verizon iPhone 4S. This has been the case at my last 3 work locations. I like Tmo but they're just not competitive in terms of network quality even in their high-coverage areas.

mdcraig

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile monthly 4G, switching from AT&T. At least in my are, Tmo is much better. I'm getting better service and about twice as fast data speeds. Granted, I don't have the ability to use Verizon with my N4, I wouldn't until they stopped price gauging its customers. That's why I left AT&T, so I wouldn't want to jump back in with another poor company.

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile coverage is excellent...if you're outside. In buildings it's pretty bad - I'm sitting at my desk right now in downtown Washington DC with no service on my T-Mobile N4 and full bars on my Verizon iPhone 4S. This has been the case at my last 3 work locations. I like Tmo but they're just not competitive in terms of network quality even in their high-coverage areas.

It's always case by case. I'm sitting in my basement home office right now and get perfect reception, not to mention H+ speeds. I'm in suburban St. Paul

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile coverage is excellent...if you're outside. In buildings it's pretty bad.

That's been my experience, too. I'm surprised because TMO is very successful in machine-to-machine communications such as utility meter reading, and a lot of M2M devices 1) are deep inside buildings and 2) require a reliable connection. So they should have great in-building coverage.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae