If I delete app data, will i lose the savegames?

Octaviannn

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I saw that a downloaded game (need for speed most wanted) has 1.96 GB app data, and i thought to delete app data because its consuming too much memory. But if i delete it, will i have to play the whole game again, because the savegame will be also deleted?

Posted via Android Central App

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
If you can find where the save game files are stored (possibly in /sdcard/Android/data/...) then theoretically you could back them up and restore them later.

Octaviannn

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Well yes i could, but that makes no sense because all that data has 2Gb... And yes i have also tried to delete the app data from another game, and the savegame was also deleted

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Well yes i could, but that makes no sense because all that data has 2Gb... And yes i have also tried to delete the app data from another game, and the savegame was also deleted

yes, it will delete gave saves. the game data includes game saves

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

I didn't say save everything, just the save game files if you can figure out what they are. Also, I made no suggestion to save them on the device itself...you can copy to pc, cloud storage, whatever...

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I just took a look at the files for this game and it is not obvious where the saved game files are. I think you might need to take a backup using titanium or helium to back up the saved game files.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc