google calendar not updating/refresing

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
for some reason the google calendar on my nexus is not refreshing to pick up new events.
i've added some on the web version, but even after pressing refresh, the calendar on phone isn't updating.

i added a new event on the phone and that DID appear on the web version, so it appears that just events created on web version are not appearing on phone.

any suggestions?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
for some reason the google calendar on my nexus is not refreshing to pick up new events.
i've added some on the web version, but even after pressing refresh, the calendar on phone isn't updating.

i added a new event on the phone and that DID appear on the web version, so it appears that just events created on web version are not appearing on phone.

any suggestions?

Go into Settings>Application Manager>Calendar Storage>clear cache. Wait a few minutes, and resync calendars.

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
i don't have an option called "application manager" in the device settings section.
i have "apps" and then a list of the installed apps though ??

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site

any suggestions?
Mine is doing the same thing. I even have old appts that used to be in the app not showing up. Did you just install the update?

Go into Settings>Application Manager>Calendar Storage>clear cache. Wait a few minutes, and resync calendars.
Tried that and it didn't work. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall and see if that helps.

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
OK web created events are appearing now.
but contacts that i've added a birthday too are appearing.
i added the birthday on the web version of contacts, the birthday shows in my mobile version of the contact, but the birthday does not appear on the mobile calendar. birthdays for previously added contacts are showing OK though.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Just saw something about Google Hangouts not connecting. Maybe Google is having server problems.

pvman

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I've got a stock Nexus 4. I just set it up. I imported my Outlook data into the Google Calendar web site using iCalendar files. None of those items appear on the Nexus. Auto-Sync is on. Contacts seem to be sync'ing. I've cleared the Calendar app's cache. Not sure what else to do.

I also noticed that under Settings -> Accounts -> Google -> Sync, there is a check box for Contacts, but not one for Calendar? Is that because calendar has other sync settings in the App? I have my Contacts Sync set to "off" (turned it off after importing Contacts, but before importing Calendar).

Last edited:

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
my calendar is already on the latest update, so that makes no difference for me

Mine too. I think I will uninstall the updates, see if it syncs, then reinstall.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Did you guys go into the Calendar settings ----> Calendars to Display and make sure the right calendars you want to show up are checked?

chenks

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Did you guys go into the Calendar settings ----> Calendars to Display and make sure the right calendars you want to show up are checked?

yes, i've always had the birthdays calendar (in my instance) checked and enabled.
it's showing all previous and future birthdays, just not this new one i added.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
My situation is weird because only some past items aren't showing up, on different calendars. There are two days affected that I can tell. They show up on line and on another calendar app I have on my iPod Touch, just not the Google calendar app on my phone. Each day has about four events on it and of those, only one is showing.

olgeezer44

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I just spent a bunch of time on Calendars. We are using a single calendar between our pc's and N4's. We also are using Nudnick for alarms. The calendar is functioning fine, but we are not sure about the alarm app. I'll do another test tonight though. I keep thinking there's got to be an easier way. Since we both have CRS, we need those pesky alarms.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling to get it to work.

But, now my new issue is that half my contacts aren't on my phone, but are on the web. <Sigh>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781