Problem hanging up on people?

zaeaton

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem hanging up on people with this phone. While I am talking and need my hands (3 little kids here), I hold it with my shoulder (come on we've all done that) and it presses all the buttons and hangs up on the person! Super frustrating! I used to have an iphone 3 and this never happened... Any fixes to this issue?

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
It shouldn't be doing this as the proximity sensor should be keeping your screen off. Check to make sure your proximity sensor is working properly. There is a proximity checking app in the playstore, just can't think of it right now, you will have to search.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It shouldn't be doing this as the proximity sensor should be keeping your screen off. Check to make sure your proximity sensor is working properly. There is a proximity checking app in the playstore, just can't think of it right now, you will have to search.

What she said...

And/or try cleaning the upper left corner of the screen (where the sensor is) with a soft, dry cloth to get all the oils wiped up.

RebelGrove

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue and have gotten tired of hanging up on people. As an experiment I called voice mail several times while placing my hand on different parts of the screen. At the beginning of the calls, placing my hand most anywhere on the top half of the screen correctly turns it off. About a minute into each call my screen would wake up regardless of where my hand is and then the screen randomly turns on and off. Sooner or later my cheek must be hitting the lit screen in the right spot, and I've hung up on someone. Again. I downloaded an app called androsensor from the play store and it seems to confirm the problem. The proximity sensor only consistently works properly when my hand is near the very upper left part of the screen , and even there, it eventually fails. I'm going to try a factory reset, and if that doesn't fix the problem, I'll have to do a warranty swap. I've now hung up on my boss, and my SO several times and I'm not sure they are buying my "defective phone excuse" any more. :) I should also note that removing the bumper and cleaning the screen failed to fix the problem.

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue and have gotten tired of hanging up on people. As an experiment I called voice mail several times while placing my hand on different parts of the screen. At the beginning of the calls, placing my hand most anywhere on the top half of the screen correctly turns it off. About a minute into each call my screen would wake up regardless of where my hand is and then the screen randomly turns on and off. Sooner or later my cheek must be hitting the lit screen in the right spot, and I've hung up on someone. Again. I downloaded an app called androsensor from the play store and it seems to confirm the problem. The proximity sensor only consistently works properly when my hand is near the very upper left part of the screen , and even there, it eventually fails. I'm going to try a factory reset, and if that doesn't fix the problem, I'll have to do a warranty swap. I've now hung up on my boss, and my SO several times and I'm not sure they are buying my "defective phone excuse" any more. :) I should also note that removing the bumper and cleaning the screen failed to fix the problem.

Excellent detective skills. Sounds like a faulty sensor. I think RMA is in your future.

KJ

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a problem hanging up on people with this phone. While I am talking and need my hands (3 little kids here), I hold it with my shoulder (come on we've all done that) and it presses all the buttons and hangs up on the person! Super frustrating! I used to have an iphone 3 and this never happened... Any fixes to this issue?

Do you have the phone set to end the call when the power button is pressed? If so you can turn this off ins Settings->Accessibility.

PelegK

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a screen protector ?
It might interfere with the sensor to close the screen while on conversation.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Device: LG Nexus 4 (16gb Faster bin)
ROM: PA 3+ (UV -100)
Kernel: franco.Kernel Latest Nightly

--== @ Sign up Copy below for 20GB free cloud (instead of only 15gb) @==--
[link deleted by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz