whats happening to my nexus 4?

Peeroo Adame

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so just recently i scanned my phone for viruses and i was safe from harm. i used lookout premium to scan everything. and just yesterday i started being redirected almost every 3 minutes or so to a random website, asking me to download an antivirus, i thought it was chrome so i disabled it and in the morning when i woke up it was okay. but then around 730pm i started to get redirected to another website. why is this happening ? is this a spam or virus? please help!! it is so annoying!

Tuhgrr

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried doing a factory data reset? It might be annoying to have to start fresh, but it also might rid you of your issue.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
maybe, but my gf has the same problem at almost the exact same time, and she has the galaxy s3.and i know she hasnt been downloading anything lately.

Does this only happen in one particular location, perhaps your house or when you're on some public wifi? If you're both getting the issue at the same time on two different phones, I would look to your connection itself as the culprit and not your phones. It sounds like whatever access point or ISP you're using is inserting some sort of redirect.

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Always read reviews of apps before installing them. I have avoid several situations like this because reviewers warned me about obnoxious behavior from the app.

Peeroo Adame

May 9, 2013
Visit site
No I happened at a certain time. Usually about from 7-11pm. I was on my mobile network and the on my own WiFi at home. But it didn't matter where I was, it would just happen at a certain time.
Does this only happen in one particular location, perhaps your house or when you're on some public wifi? If you're both getting the issue at the same time on two different phones, I would look to your connection itself as the culprit and not your phones. It sounds like whatever access point or ISP you're using is inserting some sort of redirect.

PelegK

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
You must have installed something with advertising or something .. if I were you, i would uninstall the latest apps I've installed.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Device: LG Nexus 4 (16gb Faster bin)
ROM: PA 3+ (UV -100)
Kernel: franco.Kernel Latest Nightly

--== @ Sign up Copy below for 20GB free cloud (instead of only 15gb) @==--
[link deleted by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800