Help...Nexus 4 Error

BassSoLow

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Just got my Nexus 4 replacement today and I keep getting connection errors in the play store, you tube, and other apps. My service is strong and shows a connection, but I still get errors. Also...with speed test apps the phone will not complete a download test...even though it will download apps. In the speed test.net app it won't work at all. Shows my closest server as Wisconsin when I live in Connecticut. Any help is appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App

spankdog42

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Did you update your APN settings? If not, search the forums for the right settings. I would bet that is the cause of speedtest.net not working and hopefully that is the cause of your other issues.

PelegK

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
It is normal only if the date and time on the phone is wrong ( the default is 1970 ), check it out !
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Device: LG Nexus 4 (16gb Faster bin)
ROM: PA 3+ (UV -100)
Kernel: franco.Kernel Latest Nightly

--== @ Sign up Copy below for 20GB free cloud (instead of only 15gb) @==--
[link deleted by moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

BassSoLow

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Over WiFi speed test works fine. Find the closest sever no problem.

How do I set the correct date?

BassSoLow

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I may have fixed the problem. I rooted the phone and installed CyanogenMod. Under the APN settings there was a list of like 5 options. One said PHONE so I picked it. Everything works normally so far and speed test.net finds my location now.