Nexus 4 TMobile vs. Google Play?

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
So I wanna get the new white Nexus 4. I wanna get it with TMobile. But I'm wondering something.
I can get the 16GB white Nexus 4 from the Google Play Store for $350 and it comes with a free bumper. I also wanna get the wireless charger from them, which would bring it to $410.
Or, I can get the 16GB white Nexus 4 from TMobile for $408, and it comes with a free wireless charger. I don't know if it's the same $50 Google wireless charger, but hey, a wireless charger is a wireless charger (I only want it 'cause it's "cool"). But, I'd probably get a bumper or some kind of case too, because of the N4's fragile glass back, which would bring my TMobile purchase to around $432.

So my question is, if I bought the Google Play Store's Nexus 4 and not the TMobile.com one, wouldn't I just be able to get my phone from Google, go to my local TMobile store, and have them activate my new service on there?
I know that potentially $22 (or $82 if I don't get the wireless charger) isn't that much, but, my current plan with TMobile is only $30 a month, and I'd like to keep that, which I think I can, if I just get my service moved over to the Google Play Store phone (and perhaps talk the TMobile guys into keeping the same plan ;) ) But I think if I buy the TMobile one directly from TMobile.com, I'd have to activate a new plan on there, thus getting rid of my $30 plan and bumping it up to $70.

Edit: I'm worried that because I bought the Google Play Store variant, and not the TMobile retail variant (although they're exactly the same), that TMobile won't put service on it, because I didn't but it from them. But according to the thread below, it seems that'll be fine.

I've already looked at this thread, but it doesn't contain anything on the free wireless charger included.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-4/267193-nexus-4-purchase-tmobile-vs-google-play.html

So, in short, it seems Google Play N4 will work if I bring it to TMobile and I can try to get them to keep my $30 plan on. Do you guys think the free wireless charger is worth it, or should I just buy the N4 and the WC from the Play Store? And do you think they'll be able to keep my $30 plan on the N4 if I buy it from Play?

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
If its exactly the same model - which it is, they wouldn't be able to tell if its a tmobile sold or not.
Secondly - I doubt they would banned unlocked phones on their network when they sell them themselves.
NothingisTrue, Ironically enough is telling the truth.

Tuhgrr

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Are you including tax/shipping in your pricing? I just bought my N4, and I decided to go through the Play Store, because it was cheaper than T-Mobile, and it came with the free bumper. I wasn't too concerned with the wireless charger, so that didn't come into play. As has been mentioned, you'll have no problem activating your N4 on T-Mobile's service.

Good luck with your new phone!

kalpabas

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Are you including tax/shipping in your pricing? I just bought my N4, and I decided to go through the Play Store, because it was cheaper than T-Mobile, and it came with the free bumper. I wasn't too concerned with the wireless charger, so that didn't come into play. As has been mentioned, you'll have no problem activating your N4 on T-Mobile's service.

Good luck with your new phone!

Tuhgrr,
Do you get 4G reception properly with your N4 which you bought from Play Store?
I can remember there was an option to select the carrier (either AT&T or T-Mo) in Play Store some time back. But I don't see it anymore. So I'm wondering whether they have updated the phone to work on both the networks or Play Store simply sell the AT&T version since T-Mo selling their own version.
Thanks!

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Tuhgrr,
Do you get 4G reception properly with your N4 which you bought from Play Store?
I can remember there was an option to select the carrier (either AT&T or T-Mo) in Play Store some time back. But I don't see it anymore. So I'm wondering whether they have updated the phone to work on both the networks or Play Store simply sell the AT&T version since T-Mo selling their own version.
Thanks!

They are the same Phone, like they are identical, like no difference. They work on GSM and HSDPA.

olgeezer44

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I had no problem getting our N4's going that we bought from Play. Tmobile sent me the sim cards and their support helped us get our numbers ported. Everyone was very nice and helpful.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc