Nexus 4 Bootloader help!

efield7

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
So, I got my nexus 4 a little wet(touched it with wet hands) and the screen started flickering. I immediately put it in rice, and left it for 36 hours. The phone works but it always opens a bootloader, and then my options are recovery mode, start, restart bootloader, or power off. Start will only let me boot into safe mode. It wont let me select the recovery options in the recovery menu, although the volume rocker does still work. Any suggestions on how to get it out of this loop? Otherwise I'm stuck using my moms old iPhone 4, which is clearly a last resort.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Sure you're not holding Vol down + power to get into the fastboot/recovery? Does it boot up in Safe Mode? That only disables 3rd party apps for troubleshooting. BTW, I've used my phone IN the shower with wet hands quite a few times. Carefully, of course. You're either very unlucky or somehow had enough water on/in your hands to submerge it? You could do a factory reset via a computer and fastbood/adb as a last resort. Check the stickies in the rooting/hacks section for a guide.

bmcf

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
@efield7, any resolution here? funny, exact same scenario with my n4. starts with power and volume down, but not otherwise. now i can't update to 4.3. any suggestions or am i going to have to buy a moto x?