When a Nexus 4 goes for a swim

rsxtcy4me

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Is rice even gonna help? Or do I need to start thinking about using insurance? I put it in rice last night and nothing so far...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Captainbob767

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Is rice even gonna help? Or do I need to start thinking about using insurance? I put it in rice last night and nothing so far...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

You need to put it in rice for about 4 days. If you take it out too soon and try turning it on to see if it works, you probably ruined it.

vito032

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
A friend of mine dropped her I phone in water. Didn't know about the ride until I told her a few days later. She let it dry in front of a heater then tried to turn it on nothing happened. I told her about the rice b she left it in a baggy of rice for a week and it came back on. Give it time and see.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
not tempting fate but I've never heard of the rice thing, you just pop it in a bag of rice for a few days (totally immersing the phone?) and it dries it out?

cheers, wont the screen be damaged with the water anyway, I know electrical goods (water cooling) works if there is no current going through it, i.e. is fine to let it dry - I sometimes get condensation on my speakers going from cold to warm when travelling to gigs, same rule applies there

Christopher Matthews Jr

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
not tempting fate but I've never heard of the rice thing, you just pop it in a bag of rice for a few days (totally immersing the phone?) and it dries it out?

cheers, wont the screen be damaged with the water anyway, I know electrical goods (water cooling) works if there is no current going through it, i.e. is fine to let it dry - I sometimes get condensation on my speakers going from cold to warm when travelling to gigs, same rule applies there

Rice is great at absorbing any moisture from device's nooks an crannies.

Tapped from my Nexus 10.1

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Rice will get the moisture out but it doesn't get out the minerals left behind from the water. Once it has been water damaged and you run electricity through it either by charging or trying to power it on it causes all those minerals to corrode the metal inside the phone and bridge contacts among other things.

If you have insurance that would be your easiest way to get a nice, working phone.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Just re put it in. I checked my old phone's heaps, but once I actually didn't play with it for days it worked.

I heard metho works well but I wouldn't try it.

Posted via the mystical forest creatures that power this Nexus 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol