Google Services not Working (SOLVED)

TheJayHol

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
About a week ago, my WiFi and mobile data icons turned grey, thus denying me access to anything Google related on the phone.
The Play Store says there is no connection without a second passing and GMail syncs indefinitely.
I've tried looking around various forums with no results, 'Download Manager' is enabled and I cannot remove and re add my Google account, even if I could remove it I doubt I'd be able to add another if this is an issue not surrounding the account.

If anyone has experienced this or has any ideas, pretty please give me some suggestions.

Last edited:

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Google Services not Working

I'd say just go straight to the Factory Data Reset and see what happens. I know its kind of a pain but if it works then it was worth it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

TheJayHol

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Google Services not Working

Actually I just worked it out, the Google server IP had been changed in the hosts file, simply reverting it via 'AdFree' put everything back to normal.
I've also read that it can be fixed by placing a # in front of 74.125.93.113 android.clients.google.com.

Jared Moon

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
About a week ago, my WiFi and mobile data icons turned grey, thus denying me access to anything Google related on the phone.
The Play Store says there is no connection without a second passing and GMail syncs indefinitely.
I've tried looking around various forums with no results, 'Download Manager' is enabled and I cannot remove and re add my Google account, even if I could remove it I doubt I'd be able to add another if this is an issue not surrounding the account.

If anyone has experienced this or has any ideas, pretty please give me some suggestions.
It's been happening to me also. My Nexus 7 wifi is orange which means the same thing, could you tell us what you did? I want to try it before i ship it back to get it fixed.

imranpatel01

Jan 29, 2017
Visit site

Go to root explorer
Go to /etc/hosts
Open it with text editor

Delete the "android.google.client.com"

Save and Exit

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams